“Old school French”

Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Cave Creek
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Le Sans Souci has been serving delicious traditional French cuisine since 1995. Our goal is for our customers to enjoy a delicious French meal without traveling overseas. We pride ourselves in serving great and fresh French dishes.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The place has a ton of charm, and Louis Germain is still around. However, on my last visit, the duck al'orange was very dry. The soup was fine, eggs benedict was great, the poached salmon was great and the napoleon was great. Service was swell too.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for Sunday brunch and ordered two different items. One was nice but the other, sole muniere, was a thinly sliced mushy mess. That was nasty surprise number 1. We had a certificate from Restaurants.com for a discount. Unlike many of their offers, this one had no restrictions. When we presented the certificate the manager said he doesn't ever accept them for lunch. That was nasty surprise number 2. Entering from the west is awkward and trying to turn left out of the parking lot is very difficult because of the traffic and poor visibility. To sum up, it's hard to access and not worth the effort.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went here for my birthday and wasn't disapponted. The place is small and quaint, but with old-school waiter service rarely seen anymore. We started with the escargot for me and watercress soup for my hubs. Both were phenominal. I then had the seafood trio (lobster, scallop and shrimp) flambe tableside which was also very good and a generous portion. Hubs got the veal marsala which was ok, and a small portion (good thing I had seafood to spare). We finished with a strawberry tart for him and cheesecake for me, both were great and I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, but I finished all of this one! Cons for us was that for a french restaurant the wine list was small and uninspired, the vegetable was preactically nonexistant, and the bread was pretty blah. Yes, it is pricy, but good for a special occasion and something different.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The food is really the driving force for this restaurant- it really was excellent. I had an artichoke salad & salmon entree. Those that I was with enjoyed duck & chicken. We all thought our meals were excellent & I ate every bit of my meal. The vegetable accompaniments were fresh & perfectly cooked. I got a potato side with my meal that was really great- sort of a creamy, un-cheesy scalloped potato baked dish- yum!
I would go back & recommend this restaurant for the food alone. I will share that it was a quaint place & I liked that the tables were far enough apart that we were not sharing dinner conversations with those around us.
I did notice that the floors were pretty dirty & that the service was not so detailed- like having to ask for a glass of wine 3 different times & ask for a togo box. It was not bad, just not their strong point. The food was though & look forward to returning again for it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary and were delighted by the amazing food. Order the soufflé in advance it is a MUST!

1  Thank Marie O