“My Birthday Weekend Celebration Starts at Horny Toad,Not Bad but Not Great Either!”
Review of The Horny Toad

The Horny Toad
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Cave Creek
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant in historic Cave Creek, AZ. Est. 1976 serving Fried Chicken, BBQ, Steaks and more in a Western atmosphere
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had family over for the holidays from NYC and since we don't live to far and it was birthday weekend celebration we decided to take them to Cave Creek. The restaurant has a western warm feel to it but the food wasn't that great and our company agreed. On the other hand the ambiance is nice to hangout with a group of friends, have some drinks and listen to a live band. I would probably come back and try something else since I like to be fair about these things.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We went here with high expectations. Food was average. Service was better. We will try something different next time.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Chicken fajitas hamburgers meatloaf and
Strawberry shortcake for at least two were all good ,shortcake was my favorite.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food was great. There is no small portion's which was fine cuz the food was even good the next day for lunch. Now, for the bad part, I called about the reservation's and the lady lady on the phone was rude. When ask if I could make one she said it was for large parties only, then I asked how long the wait would be around 6:45 pm and she was very rude and said, I don't know. The reason I was asking is because we were driving all the way from Surprise, AZ for dinner. Also, After we were seated the waitress brought us drinks took our order, when we got our food she put it on the table and walked away. Like she was to busy to take the time to ask if we needed anything.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It was several years ago now, but have eaten here twice , three years apart, great food for a good price. It is a place you will not go away hungry from.