“Great Experience”

Villas of Cave Creek
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent a week in May here - 5 middle aged adults. Resort had a lovely feeling to it quite small and no organised activities but villas very well equiped and the private hot tub a bonus. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Like stepping into a cowboy town we thoroughly enjoyed it - so much so we are going back next year!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Farrellifamily
There are newer reviews for Villas of Cave Creek

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We came here several years ago on a timeshare trade and fell in love with the place. Eventually we bought a week and come back every year. We have always come in May, June or July. Love it then and the heat does not bother us because it is really DRY! We live in TX and this is much better. This year we came in October. What a difference. Much quieter than Summer because no families with children. This is the perfect place to relax. Villas are really outfitted with anything you would need. I like to cook and the kitchens are the best outfitted of any I have been in besides my own. The area is immaculate. Someone is always doing something to keep the place clean. Love the pools. The "girls" at the fron desk are so helpful and friendly. Couldn't say anything negative about this place. Look forward to coming here every year.

Room Tip: We alwlays request 18 or 19 just because we like the location near the pool and path to the office.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank caymancarol
Reviewed September 30, 2012

the resort is spotless. There is a fully equipped kitchen and 2 bathrooms in each unit. One hot tub per unit. The front desk girls were very nice and helpful. I told one of them I had a blister on my foot and she wouldn't let me leave untill she gave me some ointment and bandages. The resort is quite secluded. There is no paved parking which only adds to its charm. It's located right at the foot of Black Mountain with some great hiking trails. 1.5 hrs to Sedona which we visited twice. Cave Creek is a nice little village with a lot of funky shops and some decent restaurants. You can go as upscale or as down-to-earth as you please. I would come back in a heart beat.

Room Tip: room 12 is the end unit facing the back of the resort. Absolute privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Justyna T
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Dark, dreary, smelly, no paved parking lot, overall really creepy, so much so that we walked in and walked out.
To get here you travel down a barely paved road in a shady area. I initially got a not so great feeling in the lobby and when I went into the room it was worse. The 2 young girls at the desk were very friendly and sweet. I was given 2 keys, yes regular house keys to the room, they told me to go around back and it was next to the playground. The "playground" was nothing more than a few old faded dirty large plastic backyard toys. When we got into the room there was a musty smell and it was old and beat up, the furniture looked like it was 30 years old. The master bedroom was downstairs, it really was nothing more than a bigger than the top floor bedroom. Nothing special, no bathroom in the bedroom. The upstairs wasn't much better, it was brighter, but old and very used looking.
I'll be the first to admit I am completely spoiled with Marriott's and the resort atmosphere, this was not a resort, there are 24 villas, that's it, with a pool that's nothing to write home about. I went to the front desk and turned in the keys. I wouldn't stay for 1 night. Completely disappointed. I wouldn't stay here if they paid me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank NJGolfVac
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is one of the best places we have ever stayed! It rates that because of the beautiful grounds, spacious condo unit (1200 square feet with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths plus loft room) cathedral ceilings, fabulous pools just steps from our door, fully stocked kitchen, two patios, one with a hot tub, full-sied washer and dryer, activity rooms with ping pong, pool table and fitness rooms, friendly staff, close to town with lots of shops, and the town library is just a short walk with all kinds of activities plus a garden path. We want to return! We stayed a week but will stay longer next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RonandJoan
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have traveled to the Phoenix area many times over the past 20 years. Living in Florida, I totally love the dry heat now and then. This place is by far my favorite place to stay. It is in a quaint town with all of the shopping, eating and activities that you want but it is close to large cities like Phoenix and unique places like Sedona.
The people are wonderful and helpful when you need it but they are never pressuring you to buy a timeshare. Even the guests are friendly every time that I go there. If you want a beautiful unit complete with its own hot tub, this is the place. I tried to book a unit for my vacation this year but they were full. Next year I hope...................

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank DogMomof8
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Traveled to Cave Creek in June for a wedding and stayed here for 3 nights with friends. We could not get over the quality of the property! Clean, comfortable, and extremely accommodating. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could possibly need. Pools were refreshing, great location within walking distance to cute shops and restaurants. Would absolutely go back... but next time for longer!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
#9 of 75 in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Villa Mirage
Scottsdale Villa Mirage
#44 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to Villas of Cave Creek? Share your experiences!