“Trail riding for everyone.”
Review of Spur Cross Stables

Spur Cross Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Phoenix, Arizona horseback riding in Cave Creek is at Spur Cross Stables - horseback riding stables providing horse trail riding for Phoenix, Scottsdale and Cave Creek.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've ridden at Spur Cross Stables a couple of times. The first time, I spent two days in the nearby mountains with a really fantastic trail boss named Yellow Snake, who grew up in the area we were riding in. He knew so much about the area and the history that I felt like I was given a real gift. I also was lucky enough to ride a really great, formerly wild horse, that he had trained. It was an outstanding experience that I won't ever forget. If you are an avid rider, i suggest one of the longer day rides. The second time I rode at Spur Cross, my husband, almost 7-year-old daughter, and I took a two hour ride through the nearby foot hills. The ride was perfect for them and we have wonderful pictures of our daughter riding a sweet, safe mule called Molly. I also love the menagerie of animals hanging out around the main office.

1  Thank TheBarnGoddess
"nice horses"
"weather was perfect"
"well taken care"

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Off the beaten track, but worth the effort. This is a real "out of an old Western movie" horse ranch. The fellows were great and the experience was so much fun. Never rode a horse before, and after about 15 minutes, felt very comfortable. This is no flat track ride. They take you up and down valleys and hillsides that you are not sure if the horse is going to handle it, but they do! We did an hour ride, and that was perfect! If you have more experience, you may want to do longer. The ranchers were all really friendly and eager to make your visit fun.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Took a sunset ride with Diane. It was very enjoyable and informative, and the weather was gorgeous. We have only ridden a couple of times over the past 30 years, but we had no troubles with these great horses. Would definitely do this again!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I have been to Spur Cross several times now and each time with a different guide and different trails. Each trip has been fun, interesting , and appropriate to our riding level. We will definitely be back again.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was just all around great. Our tour guide was Diane, who was an extremely experienced rider, very friendly, and very knowledgeable about the local area, wildlife, and history. It was a great trail ride with just the right amount of hills, and the scenery was great. We have ridden before, but are all fairly inexperienced. Diane was very patient with us and our son, and the horses were very well tempered. It was a great experience, and I would highly recommend them,