“Down to earth BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch, and I couldn't resist the pulled pork sandwich. My only complaint would be that I was stuffed to the gills afterwards! Very tasty, reasonably priced, and attentive staff.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My son and his wife found this gem on the way to visit the Biosphere. What a find it was! The pulled pork was deliciously moist and tasted great even without adding BarBQ sauce. I had the ribs....very meaty and smoked just right. Decor brings you back to the old west days. Will visit again, for sure!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nailbanger Here Again; We had heard such great things about this place from previous reviewers and we thought its not that far to Catalina from where we live and I love BBQ and the Wife wanted some Fish & Chips, Friday`s are their Fish Fry specials. First the Service, they seated us in the Bar because it was cooler and we were completely ignored, so we ask to be seated in the dinning area. The server was quick to get to us but seamed to be bothered by any of the questions we had about the menu for some reason.We did not order any drinks and that can be a problem at times and this seamed to be that time again.She completely ignored us until we were finished with our meals, never checked on us once.Now for the Food, first the BBQ, the ribs were way over cooked to the point the bones came out completely, and pretty much flavorless, on the other hand the white meat chicken was moist and good with a great smoke flavor.They offer 3 sauces Mild, Sweet Mustard and their Bold and Spicy.I consider my self a BBQ fanatic and this is simply poor BBQ at best. My Wife`s Cod was good ,there just was not very much of it ,3 very small pieces,and the tarter sauce was completely flavorless, nothing special about the french fries and we both got the cole slaw and it was terrible, pretty much, a little cabbage and a ton of mayonnaise. The cattle drive BBQ beans were not anything special,and she got rye bread with the fish and I got garlic toast with the BBQ.Both dinners were over priced for the amount of food we were given.Fish was $12.50 and the BBQ combo was $14.95.I honestly can not ever see going back the food was over priced and not very good at that .The service was terrible and the parking was dark and difficult at best. Oh any by the way the have their rest rooms out the back door in a separate structure.I am not a big fan of chain BBQ joints ,but Famous Dave`s has much better food and value for your dollar.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went here for lunch and ordered the "award winning" pulled pork sandwich. Since I am a barbecue aficionado and a certified barbecue judge, I tend to be pretty critical when it comes to barbecue. However, even if I knew nothing about barbecue, I would still have to rate this sandwich as being very poor. Pulled pork is a mainstay barbecue item and it is one of the most frequently prepared for sandwiches. The pork shoulder is rubbed and smoked for a number of hours over a wood fire to impart smoke flavor. The pork should not be overcooked or it becomes mushy. When the server brought over the sandwich, I took off the top bun to have a look. What I was looking for was meat that had been pulled into chunks, and I especially wanted to see some "bark" which is the outer crust of the meat. What I got was a pile of mush that didn't even resemble meat. The pork was overcooked to the point of having no texture other than mush, There was no detectable flavor of smoke or spices. I can safely say that I cannot recall ever having worse pulled pork. The beans were good, but they could not make up for the pork. The menu has several items that sounded good - like smoked prime rib which I would like to try. I will give this place another chance and order something different next time and I certainly hope it is better than my first experience.

2  Thank KTBlount
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The best BBQ I have ever had. We live in Oro Valley near Bubb's Grubb so we go frequently.
Out of town guests always request a trip to Bubb's. We have never had anything that didn't make dining there a pleasure. Staff, food and prices are all great.