“Good place”

Holiday Inn Casa Grande
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed November 11, 2006

After reading a post on here I thought I would be in some trouble. I was pleasantly surprised they were doing some renovations and seemed to have lost there Holiday Inn status.The staff was pleasant and place clean no problems to report .It was not a 4 star but I not would think twice about staying there again another good choice would be the Best Western

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SARGONMAIL

Reviewed October 25, 2006

On a relocation from California to Florida, I decided to stop in Mesa Grande, AZ. All the hotels just off the I-10 were full (it was 3am and there was a convention in town). One of the front desk people told me to go to the Casa Grande because they "ALWAYS" have vacancies and take pets. The woman with whom I spoke to said that the hotel would be easy to find because it USED to be a Holiday Inn.

Pros: There was a vigilant security guy patrolling the parking lot even at that late hour (he came by to see what I was doing while I was unloading the car). The front desk person was very nice as were the maintenance guys. The room was pretty cheap (about US$70) and they take pets.

Cons: The place is shabby, shabby, shabby. Signs are posted everywhere saying that remodelling is underway in order to bring the hotel back up to Holiday Inn standards. The elevators are as old as the hills and super slow to boot. When I got off the elevator, I saw grafitti and moldy wallpaper hanging off the wall. You get cheap shampoo and soap, and the rooms need updating badly. I just felt like a crack addict was going to break into my room and rob me.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Sciencegeek
Reviewed September 16, 2006

During my visits to Casa Grande, I stay at this hotel about 80% of the time. The reason: The employees are nice. This hotel was the Holiday Inn. It was changed to Hotel Casa Grande because it had not met the requirements of "Holiday Inn".
This time - September 1st thru September 3rd. It Was horrible.
I had made reservations 2 weeks in advance for 4 hotel rooms. The reservations were completely messed up when we arrived. The attendant at the front gave some strange person my information that he/she was staying with my party. An employee "in training" was taking care of the front desk by herself with no supervision. Even though the sign showed "Ron Lawrence" general manager on duty - I never saw him. He never came out of where ever he was when all the trouble was taking place. Reservations were lost; people were already in the rooms given to us and they swore profanity at us; the rooms were dirty; there were no trash cans; there was a line of people wanting help from the desk and no one was there to help but the new employee. I kept going to the front desk and complained about different things and we were never offered a discount or anything. Never - did anyone else come out to help. This was a total disappointment and I will never stay at this hotel again. I had recommended this hotel to others, but I will never recommend this hotel again.
I am trying to get a hold of "Nagra Hotels", but cannot find them on the internet. This was a waste of $222. per room

Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank ninasanchez
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Upon our arrival we found a dirty maintenance golf cart sitting in the front entrance. The hallways and elevators were in desperate need of vacuuming. The key would not unlock the outside door and if hadn't been for someone inside we would still be out there. It seemed as if we were given one of the least desirable rooms in the place. Top floor facing the parking lot. Do employees live on the fourth floor? Who were the people mulling around the back door? We felt rather intimidated. The towels were rough and thin. I had to call room service for wash clothes. The one highlight of the stay was the breakfast brunch, although a bit too pricey. Remodeling is fine but not at the cost of cleanliness.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

The hotel looks nice on the outside and is conveniently located. The interior, however was filthy and in disrepair.

Wall paper peeling off the walls in the rooms and hallways.
Large stains on the carpet and furniture.
Very old furnishings and plumbing.
Thin (and few) towels.

The last night I went to my room around 6pm and noticed several room service trays outside people's doors that looked like they were from lunch rather than dinner. They were still there the next morning when I checked out.

The elevator was a bit scary too because the lights to indicate the floors didn't work and the door was bent from some type of mishap.

Also when we first got there around 11pm, we couldn't get the door to our building to open with the key, so my husband walked around the side where the 'employee entrance' door was standing wide open. He walked in and into the hallway where he opened the door for me. Not terribly secure feeling because any rapist, murderer or thief could have done the same thing and had access to all the rooms!

The TV was nice and worked fine, and the room was quiet the first night.

All in all I wouldn't stay there again. For the price it had WAY too many problems. My friends stayed at the Super 8. It was about $10 less and much cleaner.

Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed February 20, 2006

We were part of a small reunion group so we had a total 6 rooms. There were terrible problems with staff, both in the hotel and in the restaurant. Apparently many staff people had walked out just before we arrived. The hotel was totally booked as it was O'Odham Tash weekend. Our friends waited for 45 minutes in the restaurant for their breakfast order to be taken. They did not get silverware, there was no syrup, butter or cream, and they had to grab another server to get their check. The public areas of the hotel were filthy - carpets were dirty, there were cigarette butts in the stairwells, elevators and hallways, there were piles of plates, dirty towels and sheets lying in the hallways for at least 1 full day. Our room was relatively clean (compared to the public areas) but the toilet "whistled" when flushed for up to a minute (loud) and the toilet did not flush well. We reported it to the front desk but they said there was no one in maintenance. THe toilet went over. Our friends also had problems with their toilets, so it was a system problem. When asked for enough towels for the number of people in the rooms, housekeeping never brought the towels - so our friends had to go out to the pool area to get enough towels for their room. The pool was very warm and the hot tub was cool. THe front desk staff ranged from oblivious to surly. One of our two room keys never worked although it was redone 3 times. THe hotel had a sign up that they were in the process of remodeling - our group was NOT in those rooms as the rooms were shabby and in dire need of refurbishment - the box spring on our bed had a tag from 1987. All in all it was a horrible experience for the entire group of 15 of us!

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank NancyMyers
Reviewed September 13, 2005

My mother and I have been coming to the outlet mall at Casa Grande for years now and the Holiday Inn Casa Grande is the only place we stay. There are some newer hotels around Casa Grande since the town has grown since we first started visiting the outlet mall, but we still choose the Holiday Inn.

It is always relaxing and quiet. The rooms do not look like they have been updated since we started visiting almost 10 years ago, but everything is always clean and we have never had any problems. Furnishings (bedspreads, toilets, etc.) are older here but they are clean and not all busted-looking, and they work.

The hotel restaurant, Mr. K's, is wonderful and offers a variety of well-prepared and well-presented foods -- steaks, seafood, hamburgers, salads, anything, basically, at reasonable prices. Every time we've gone in, it's been quiet, relaxing, and they've served great food!! There is an accompanying bar that seems to be pretty popular.

The pool area is really nice. It's like a tropical Spanish courtyard in the middle of the hotel and there is ample room for lounging at a table or by the pool.

So while it is older than some of the hotels closer to the outlet mall and freeway, we will always choose this Holiday Inn!

(In reference to how great a Holiday Inn Express is compared to a Holiday Inn in the review above, I once pulled back the bedspread at a Holiday Inn Express in Tucson and found a huge, green --- staring back at me, which was off-putting. Every place has an upside and a downside. Live with it!)

• Stayed: April 2005
Quality Inn
#2 of 11 in Casa Grande
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Casa Grande? Share your experiences!