“Our Stay At the Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Casa Grande
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed May 6, 2013

May 2-4, 2013 our junior college softball team stayed at the Holiday Inn in Casa Grande Arizona. Our stay was great from the start, our check in was fast and very organized by the front desk personnel. We had 14 rooms and 23 people staying and registration was very smooth. Our rooms were very nice and clean and we were accommodated with king beds in the rooms we that needed them. Above all Joanne Simms and her staff were very helpful when we asked for directions and restaurant information. The staff made our experience at the Holiday Inn very nice. I would definitely bring our team back as well as come back and stay here as an individual patron. Thanks Holiday Inn and yes, we won the softball tournament!!

Room Tip: Don't know, my room was good where it was, a/c was excellent just like the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wildcats13
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Casa Grande also a big Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am very pleased to read that Joanne Simms and her staff were so helpful during your stay. I hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in our area. Until then, best regards!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

First of all, I had never in my life organized and made possible a High School class reunion. I was abandoned by my co-workers (several class-mates) after attempting to organize the function.
I was so happy and thrilled to be assisted by Sales Assistant, Tamera Williams. I apologized to Tamera for my ignorance attempting such a chore, I had no idea of what needed to be accomplished for an unknown crowd from 20 to possible 60 people, hopefully attending. After months of tweaking the menu, changing the number of attendees' we had our reunion; it was a great success!
My sincere thanks to Tamera, the hotel and a awesome staff for their super assistance to make this possible.
Charlie Barber

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlie B

Charlie

Thank you for your review. We are glad that we were able to assist you for your High School Reunion. I will pass your message to Tamera. Thank you again for your review. Best regards!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I realize it's a chain, and usually I don't bother to review chains. However, as I've never stayed in a Holiday Inn before (our pit stop of choice is usually Hamptons) I felt the need to do a review. Where they have it over Hamptoms - better toiletries. Where they don't however is where it counts: sleep quality. First the sheets were SCRATCHY. The bed was huge, which was nice, but the sheets were stiff and rough. I don't know what thread count or what they were made of but they were really uncomfortable. Also, this hotel smelled. I am not sure what they clean their carpets with or possibly they had just sprayed for bugs, but the entire hotel including our room had a sharp, unpleasant chemical smell. It was really off-putting. I am not sure if that's standard in Holiday Inns or just a peculiarity of this one, but it made for a very uncomfortable night's sleep.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenMean
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear QueenMean,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We did an early check-in without any issues. Front desk was very nice(Yvette). Rooms are clean and beds comfortable.
However if you are a light sleeper make sure to ask for rooms farthest away from the street. There is a train track close by so you will hear a train if you are near the 100's room. Over all stay was nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Yumafastpitch
Reviewed March 29, 2013

staff unfriendly power outage while staying there. no calls or information from the staff elevators non functional stairways poorly lit and halls very dark no back up power available beds hard and pillows too firm would not return for the price

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lynne m
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Lynne

We at Holiday Inn Casa Grande are sorry that you were at the hotel when we had a power outage. Unfortunately, this was something that was out of out hands that we had no control over. I have taken up the other issues with management to get these rectified.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

5 of us traveled to Casa Grande for a "Ride For the Warrios" bike rally March 8, 2013, and stayed at this property. The staff was excellent upon our arrival.

The hotel rooms were clean, tastefully appointed, super-awesome beds. This is an out of the way place, but if you happened to need a place to stay, this would be it!!

Breakfast was a hot buffet which included eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereals, yogurts, rolls/bagels. All you could want and more.

Their restaurant "Cabo's" has an excellent Chef and every single meal we ate there was as equally good as a really nice restaurant and exceeded our expectations........Our compliments on the awesome food.

We would go back there in a heartbeat.

P.S. Did I tell you the big buffet breakfast was included in the price of a room? Awesome deal!! You will NOT be disappointed with this property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room poolside, trains going by are noisy. Not enough to make us lose sleep, but noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank gmasanny

Dear Traveler

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Some of the hardware on the bathroom was rusty. The towels were old and worn, but clean. I asked the front desk person (who was in fact very nice) if I got a room with a nice view, and he said yes, I can only imagine that he thought I was joking, my room's view on the first floor, with the window to the street was that of of an antique shop and some old rusty chemical plant of some sort. I was concerned because when we initially got to the room, the room's door was open, the room's window was also open and unlocked, (yes, to the street!). That kind of made me feel not as safe as I wished, we literally looked under the beds to feel safer. The hallway and rooms set up in general reminded me of my college dorm years, no glamour here. I do have to say that despite the initial scare, I slept well, the beds were confy. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank montereyes

Dear Traveller

Thank you for your review. I am very surprised and sorry to hear about your experience with your room location and door issues. I have address this with the staff to ensure that this does happen again.

Safe Travels.

Quality Inn
#1 of 11 in Casa Grande
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Casa Grande? Share your experiences!