“Just OK for a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Casa Grande
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night on Jan.29/2013. The staff were excellent & we were treated very well. The rooms are quite old and the heating/cooling sytem cycles a lot throughoout the night making it difficult to get in to a deep sleep. The beds are comforatble but hte bathrooms are poorly lighted and the bathtub stopper was not operable.

On the good side .......... the complimentary hot breakfast is by far the best wwe have eveer been treated to at any facility.

Rooms are very expensive for what you get

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room to help buffer noise from trains
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xnova
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear xnova,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. It is also nice to know that you found the beds comfortable. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the heating/cooling system issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Casa Grande

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had to find a hotel in Casa Grande where we could hold our training class, feed the 40 attendees and have a place for the travelers to stay.
Hector, the Manager, helped us to accomplish the success we were looking for. The room was perfect, as was the food, and the travelers enjoyed their stay.
Hector did everything he could to not only meet but excede our expectations.
We would highly recommend utilizing this facility if you are looking for a spot in the Casa Grande area. Hector is great, as is the staff. The food is spectaular, and we are planning on having our next event at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carole S
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Very nice place for stay for families (good pool) and singles (good time in the hotel bar).
But it could be very loud in your room. There is a train line near and each train is making a terrible and crazy song by air horn.
I will choose it for my next stay in Casa.

2  Thank Rowerowy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Rowerowy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our pool.

However, We’re sorry about the noise during your stay caused by the trains. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was in Casa Grande for a family reunion and I stayed at the Holiday Inn. The staff were really great and I enjoyed my room! The dining experience was excellent..especially the breakfast meals! :)Beautiful hotel grounds, I would definately recommend to family and friends!!

Room Tip: Comfy beds!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tasha T
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Tasha T

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its staff. We are glad you enjoyed your meals at our restaurant. Please visit us again when your in Casa Grande.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the second time I've stayed at this particular Holiday Inn. Once last year for 7 days, and then a 9-day stay during this business trip. Perhaps I've become spoiled by other stays at Holiday Inn Expresses, but this "full-service" Holiday Inn did not live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, it was clean and the bed was comfortable, but the furnishings in the room were sparse. I would expect more from a Holiday Inn.

Their daily breakfast buffet was very good, but the service from the wait staff was sub-par. I ate breakfast there 9 days in a row, and at least 75% of the time, I had to ask the wait staff multiple times for a drink, and on one occasion, they never brought it before I finished my meal. The last complaint would be the heater/air conditioner in the room. It did not work and I reported it to the front desk over the course of 4 days. I asked if they could at least give me an update on the status, but they never did and it never worked. Thankfully, the temperature was relatively comfortable, but a little ventilation in the room would have been nice.

Aside from the poor service and maintenance issue, the hotel and room was clean and comfortable. But for a full-service Holiday Inn, it did not live up to the normal Holiday Inn standards or the price range paid.

2  Thank livetofly

Dear Traveler,

We are sorry that we did not live up to our normal high level of expectation. We taken note of the issues that have have mentioned and have resolved these for our future guests.

If your in Casa Grande again please give us another try.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our 4th Year Celebrating our Business Holiday Party at The Holiday Inn and it was yet another success. I work side by side with Hector Savala & his team all year long planning our event and they are top notch! The night of our party the banquet room was all dressed up in the festive colors, the food was delicious (as always), the staff were courteous and earger to please and the atmosphere was perfect. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this establishment to anyone.

On a side note our company has had several Community Meetings here as well. We have always been treated like we matter and with the utmost respect.

3  Thank Traci T
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was our 2nd stay and we were not as impressed. Our check-in experience was disappointing and there were some small repair issues in our room, which we mentioned upon check-out. The breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Traveler,

How disappointing for you and for us that we didn't live up to your expectations. Thank you for letting us know about the maintenance issues so we can fix those right away. I apologize for your experience and will definitely share your feedback with the team so that we can improve.

Thank you for staying. We hope you'll give us another chance!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Casa Grande
MainStay Suites Casa Grande
#9 of 11 in Casa Grande
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Casa Grande? Share your experiences!