“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
omaha
“Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2008

I was leary to stay here after reading some of these reviews; I had stayed here a year or so ago. It was A-Ok this time. The desk staff was friendly & efficient, the room was clean and the public areas were nice too. I like that there is a restaurant on-site and I could see that it has been updated since my last visit.

I would have no problem recommending this property to anyone.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cpell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2007

We booked three nights at this hotel. The first night there, everything was fine, no problems. We got up the next morning to go eat the complimentary breakfast, and the restaurant was closed. They instead set up tables outside, next to the pool. It was to windy for us, and our newborn baby, so we did not eat there. That night, we got back to the hotel around 11. We could not find a single parking place anywhere, and there was people everywhere. After 10 minutes of circling the parking lot, I went inside and complained to the manager, who then gave me permission to park our Excursion right next to the lobby doors. We parked and went into our room. After we put our 4 year old to bed, I went to move her shoes, and saw something on the floor. I picked it up, and it was someones pill that they had dropped right next to the bed, on the floor. Once we were all settled in bed, we were kept up with the loudest music. There was a party going on at the hotel, and it was held in the courtyard next to the pool. It was so loud, we could not sleep. We were on the ground floor, so we heard the loud music all night, as well as random people walking around next to our room outside. The party was finally over at 2 am. The next morning, we were getting ready to leave for the day. I saw something moving on the floor. I got closer, and it was a SCORPION!!! We are from New Mexico, so I know what they look like. We stay at Holiday Inns allover the country, at least 15 times a year. This by far was the worst one ever. Our room was supposidly renovated, but it was still not the typical Holiday Inn room. The tub was filthy, you could literally see where they had wiped it. The bathroom outlet was not even fixed to the wall, it was just kind of hanging there... I felt like we stayed in some cheap run down place, except for the price!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
Phoenix
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2007

I spent last night at this hotel (I'm not sure what to call it since it used to be a Holiday Inn, isn't now but they insisted they ill be again by July). Pros: Check-in staff was very friendly, bar and restaurant on-site, etc...Cons: needs serious update in rooms and hallways, mildew on shower curtain, bar service and food quality poor, mattresses in need of replacement, thin an rough towels, and more,
Hopefully they can make the upgrades necessary to stay alive vut until then...I will stay at Best WEstern or Mainstay Suites

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank Turtlemochas
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2007

I have never felt more compelled to write a review after staying at a hotel then after this stay.

My experience at this hotel was terrible!!! I've read other reviews about the helpfulness of the staff which may be true. However, I cannot evaluate the staff as the room was so filthy and in such poor condition that I can't objectively evaluate anything beyond the condition of the room. The was plaster on the carpet; the carpet is in poor condition; there were foreign "things" on the wall; the tub was absolutely filthy; there was a dirty towel hanging on my rack the first night; the beds are in horrible conditions....

In addition, my room was located on the street side; therefore, I had the pleasure of hearing trains and trucks traveling throughout the night. I was so tired after staying in the hotel for 3 nights.

I attempted to find another hotel but unfortunately, there was a major convention in town and therefore, this hotel was the only one with vacancies and I wonder why?

In all fairness to the hotel, this is not a review of the quality of food (didn't eat in the restaurant) or the service (really wasn't bad). However, if the condition of your room is critical to your stay, do not stay at this hotel, at least not in room 209, until it has been renovated.

I wouldn't want anyone else to be subjected to the filthy conditions of this room or noise from the trains and trucks-

BTW-do not be fooled by the lobby or outside entrance, both of which give good impressions. Ask to see a room before checking in-

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Condition of the room and location of the room (near the street)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank 9825
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2006

If you want to use the filthy sheets from the previous tenants & the bathroom still dirty from the previous tenants, this is the place for you!! All for the low price of $197!!! I've stayed all over the United States, & this is the WORST place I have EVER stayed!!! I have linked this review to pictures of the suite we stayed in. Please look at them for your own benefit. This gives pictures of the disrepair of the suite we stayed in. The wallpaper was coming off the walls, & there were extension cords to connect the lamps in the room. We booked a suite 2 weeks in advance. The lobby was nice, but the rest of the place was in such disrepair! The walk to the suite (there is no bell hop assistance, even though my husband is handicapped) was difficult. And the hallway to the room had holes in the wall at intervals down the hallway, the baseboards were missing in the ice machine/pop room. The elevator had no ceiling panels in place & there was a hole in the wall at the door, where there should have been some type of sign. There was a big hole in the wall just across from the elevator. If you read previous posts, you will see complaints that the doors at the end of the hall are left open for anyone to walk in... that is still the case! When we got to our room, the hallway upstairs was much worse! The carpet going both directions was frayed & the padding was missing going both directions, besides being filthy! You could even see dust on it in places, & I don't mean renovation dust. There was an empty carton of Mike's Hard Lemonade in the cupboard. The bathroom floor was so sticky our feet stuck to the floor. The drapes to the balcony window didn't work & the light bulbs to the balcony were both burned out, as was one over the bar. One of the lights over the bar had a short in it, & kept going on & off, so we had to leave them off. I called for them to pick up the trash that was left & to mop the bathroom floor. The housekeeper came 2 hours later with just a mop. When we called the front desk to get the drapery pull fixed @ 4:30, we were told that there is no maintenance in the building until in the morning. The standard uniform for the staff @ the hotel seemed to be jeans & a navy hoodie sweatshirt AND NO NAME TAGS, as everytime someone came to our room, whether for room service or cleaning, that was what they were wearing. BTW: the housekeeper (she said she was the only one for the entire hotel on the evening shift) doubles as the waiter to deliver room service. I started to get a clue, & checked the tub & there was still soap scum from the previous party. So I called again & asked for them to send someone to clean the room totally. I called 2 more times & got the answer "Oh, she's not there yet?!" Finally by 10:30, we were PAST ready to go to bed, so I called again. The night shift answered & said that the evening shift had never told them anything about our requests! We'd have left right then to find another hotel, but we were already unpacked & since my husband is disabled, it would have been a major undertaking to pack up again & try to find somewhere else to stay, which would have ruined our whole day worse than it seemed to be already heading. We had gone to the restaurant to eat, which appeared to be deserted. The waitress seemed put out that we were waiting to be seated. The food was not all that good, & we couldn't finish our meals. The beef tournade I had for $26 was dry & the gravy on it was obviously made from a powdered gravy mix: not what I would expect for the price! When I went to get into bed, the sheets were still the sames ones the previous guests had used!!! How do I know this: from the stains on the sheets they left (I will not describe them to you, but suffice it to say that they were certain shapes, nasty & numerous!) Finally, another housekeeper in the same jeans & navy hoodie sweatshirt uniform came up & cleaned the room, & changed the sheets & put another comforter on the bed. Notice, I did not say a new comforter: there was about a 6" area where it looked like someone who didn't know how to sew had put some hand stitches to try to fix the rip in the comforter. They, however, did nothing about the 8" rip right next to it! When we woke up the next day, we ordered room service. The meal was delivered by a person wearing the same hoodie & jeans uniform. There was no salt & pepper or sugar/splenda sweeteners on the tray. I ordered a BLT, thinking that they couldn't mess that up, but I was wrong. The bottom of the sandwich was soggy, & the fries were cold, despite the fact that it was delivered within 30 minutes of our order. When we saw that the windows were bolted shut, though on the 2nd floor, I don't know where they thought we would be going that the windows needed to be locked, we decided we had enough at that point, & checked out & went home. When we were leaving, I noticed that the elevator inspection had been done over a year ago, so the inspection certificate was expired! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! And all for the low price of $197!!! There are signs all over stating that they are renovating so they can get their Holiday Inn certification back, but I saw no construction going on & saw no vehicles which would carry construction workers or supplies. In fact, we heard absolutely NO movement on our floor at all! I called the next day to report the situation of our poor quality stay to the manager, & she asked "Well, what do you want us to do about it?" I told her that I would like a refund of the night's stay, since we weren't able to go to sleep until almost midnight, because of the room being dirty. She said she'd check with the general manager & get back to me. It's been 2 weeks... still no call!!! They know their hotel is filthy, & they don't even care!!!

Stayed November 2006
3 Thank asdf;lkj
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

After reading a post on here I thought I would be in some trouble. I was pleasantly surprised they were doing some renovations and seemed to have lost there Holiday Inn status.The staff was pleasant and place clean no problems to report .It was not a 4 star but I not would think twice about staying there again another good choice would be the Best Western

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SARGONMAIL
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2006

On a relocation from California to Florida, I decided to stop in Mesa Grande, AZ. All the hotels just off the I-10 were full (it was 3am and there was a convention in town). One of the front desk people told me to go to the Casa Grande because they "ALWAYS" have vacancies and take pets. The woman with whom I spoke to said that the hotel would be easy to find because it USED to be a Holiday Inn.

Pros: There was a vigilant security guy patrolling the parking lot even at that late hour (he came by to see what I was doing while I was unloading the car). The front desk person was very nice as were the maintenance guys. The room was pretty cheap (about US$70) and they take pets.

Cons: The place is shabby, shabby, shabby. Signs are posted everywhere saying that remodelling is underway in order to bring the hotel back up to Holiday Inn standards. The elevators are as old as the hills and super slow to boot. When I got off the elevator, I saw grafitti and moldy wallpaper hanging off the wall. You get cheap shampoo and soap, and the rooms need updating badly. I just felt like a crack addict was going to break into my room and rob me.

• Liked — Front desk person
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Just pick a hotel you know like...Motel 8 or something
MainStay Suites Casa Grande
#7 of 11 in Casa Grande
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Casa Grande? Share your experiences!