“Classic serene style and service.”

Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Would have never found this jewel without the onlibe search. It's a beautiful 9 story tower of rooms and suites on a gorgeous golf course with e ergreen trees that are mature and magestic! We were exhausted and ordered dinner delivered to our room. So pleased to have the restaurant manager call and inquire as to our satisfaction. Our burger, crene brule and latte were perfection! We were on the 7th floor, overlooking the golf course. Outstanding view! Clean, comfortable and classic. Not new but very well kept from all we saw.

• Stayed: March 2013
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for pointing out the excellent room service you were provided and the well kept appereance of our property. We hope you will return soon and be able to enjoy a couple more signature dishes while taking in the wonderful view. Please look for great rates during our summer months and enjoy the pool.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I visitied the hotel with my 2 neices age 10 and 12 for a A girls night out. It was not at all how we had planned. First we were disgusted by the pool area very run down and in need of renovation. The spa was without chlorine and sparatic, if any, bubbles. Due to the cloudy water and possible bacterial infestation we skipped the spa and decided to take a dip in what was supposed to be a heated pool. IT WAS NOT HEATED!!! We returned to the room let down and discouraged only to find, upon opening, the sliding glass door to the balcony off track and unable to close. I immediately called the front desk and was advised mantainence was on the way..... 4hrs stuck in the room noone had shown up to fix the door.. it was after sundown when a hotel employee, I'd assumed to be mantainence, arrived to fix the door. well he did get it closed, but it happened two more times. On his final visit for the door he warned us not to mess with it or it would happen again. sometime after midnight, my neices sleeping soundly, i got out my laptop to do some work. after a short time the electricity went out throughout the entire hotel leaving the room hallway and grounds pitch black. I stumbled to the phone to ring the front desk for an explaination the line rang and rang for a minute no answer. I thought I had dialed houskeeping by mistake. I hung up and dialed the desk again letting it ring for several minutes still no answer. i kept redialing hoping there was not a catastrophy I was unaware of but to no avail. The lights were at least 30 minutes.I was so upset over the continuis mishaps I layed down to clear my mind. when the morning had arrived I decided to call the desk clerk in hopes of some sort of compensation my neices were dissapointed with our girls night out as was I. It took quite a bit of time and persuading but finally I was able to get 50% discount on the room. Even after the discount the room rate was still $74.99 plus tax.We didint receive the free breakfast the clerk had offered over the phone either. BOOO.

Vicki Maher and girls

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicki M
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are sad to hear that your stay with us was not up to standard and your girls night out was not as enjoyable as expected. We would like you to contact us back so we are able to remedy the situation. We would also like to point out that our pool is heated to a 78F and on chillier days it can feel a bit cool, especially in out winter months. Our pool facility is also treated and cleaned daily by staff and is inspected by the state/county for PH levels and cleanliness. We do apologize for the power going out around 4:30am, we were immediately in contact with our head engineer and the electric provider and were able to get the power restored within that hour. As for the phone not being answered we will surely look into this matter more to find what issue had occurred.

We take great pride in customer satisfaction at the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort and we cordially invite you to contact us. We truly know that we can provide a much better stay than you had experienced and hope for that opportunity.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were flying to Palm Springs to visit family, and were forced to land in Casa Grande due to severe winds towards Southern California. When we arrived, we had all afternoon and evening to kill and decided to make a fun night of it. We had both lunch and dinner at the hotel and the food was absolutely divine. Chef even keeps one vegan item on the menu every day for people like me. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Reuben Sandwich with the most delicious waffle-cut fries that I have ever tasted in my life, and I had a garbanzo bean soup that I am trying to copy here at home as it was so amazing and memorable. Chef made a special vegan dinner for me (after I had another bowl of that soup), and it was wonderful - just what I wanted! The steak my husband had was also great (and I quote). Upon first seeing it, the hotel itself looks like a structure right out of the sixties and we were delighted to find that all of the rooms had been refreshed. This is not a fancy place like the Broadmoor or the Arizona Biltmore, but the amenities are nice and the rooms are quite large. The people could not have been nicer to us and the exterior grounds are very pretty. Every single member of the staff bent over backwards to help us and to be kind to us. Highly recommend it for what it is. GREAT STAFF.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors are less windy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your positive review. We are so very glad you and your husband were able to enjoy a few fantastic dishes for lunch and dinner while taking in the beauty our property can offer. Yes, our hotel building may be over 50 years old but it has a beautiful renovation that cannot be matched in Casa Grande, AZ and we thank you for pointing that out. I have already passed on your remarks to Chef. We hope you will be able to return soon and take advantage of our golf course and pool area.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The rooms are very nicely appointed as is the restaurant in a sort of Mexican or southwest decor with Saltillo floor tiles. The resort is getting old and could use some upgrades and the feedlot smell when the wind is blowing is way bad. However, the food in the restaurant was very good and the staff is helpful and friendly. The price for our king room was only $69/nite so can't really complain. We might stay here again, but likely not if another hotel in town is quiet and price is right.
Too cold to use the pool, darn!

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th floor with good view and a nice balcony patio.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort. We are delighted to hear that you were able to take in the beauty of our property and also had the time to enjoy a few meals at Legends and Dukes. We hope you will return to our property soon as we are confident you will find our property in unmatched by any other in Casa Grande.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Once the home of the SF Giants and the CA Angels in the 60s, 70s during their spring training is now a remodeled hotel & golf resort with both interior and exterior charm, a caring management and hotel staff (kudos to Michelle, Steph, Sam), over-sized rooms, and walls decked with pictorial memories of John Wayne (owned a ranch nearby), Willie Mays, et al. Visit Duke's Lounge and the Legends Restaurant to enjoy 5-star cuisine. I ate umpteen meals while I was here and never had an unsatisfactory experience. I ate all my dinners in Duke's Lounge. Great atmosphere. I play golf and the resort course is testing and VERY affordable with an enthusiastic golf staff, especially Carl and Scott. I stayed here for over 3-weeks a/c a transition in moving to Casa Grande. To conclude, I've traveled the globe and Francisco Grande is the best value that I've ever experienced.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors (6+) of the hotel tower. Great sunrises, sunsets, and views of the golf cou...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you in taking the time to write such a positive review. I will extend your compliments to all the staff members on the property as they truly do make it their highest priority to interact with the guests and show them how truly valued they are. Thank you for also pointing out the enjoyment of our golf course facility and the friendliness of the pro shop staff. We take great pride in making each stay enjoyable and memorable for each guest that stays at the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We found this hotel thanks to Hotwire (which has yet to disappoint,) and although it was farther out of town than expected, the drive was very much worth it.

It's like a mini-oasis outside town, full of history (of John Wayne and the San Francisco Giants who used to visit often,) and resting upon nice grounds with friendly staff.

Our room in the tower was larger than expected with a nice balcony. It was nicely decorated with a good sized and very modern bathroom.

Meanwhile, the kitchen was not open very late and we missed dinner - the bar closed soon after. Breakfast was delightful and very well priced for what we got.

We would absolutely go back. Hopefully next time we can make it out to the pool. It looked great. And if breakfast was any indication of the kitchen's capabilities, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Room Tip: If staying in the tower however, I highly recommend that others ask for a room away from the elevato...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Were always delighted to hear that our guests are enjoying their experience at the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort and look forward to coming back. We hope you are able to visit us soon and are able to dine on a first class, signature dish from Duke's Bar or Legends Restaurant. Our staff takes great pride in our personalized service with each and every guest, and appreciate you pointing out our abilities. We look forward to your next visit at Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort where we continue to write history.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I, we came to Casa Grande from Europe. We were impressed by the vastness of your country and the way you have managed to turn part of the desert into green properties like the one your hotel is situated on. When we saw Francisco Grande Hotel for the first time, we were amazed by the Tower reaching for the sky and its surroundings covered with green grass. The hotel itself has interesting history and a special ambience created by the building itself, furniture, photos etc. We had a Tower room on the seventh floor with a balcony and the view was fantastic, especially early in the morning and at the sundown. The room and the bathroom were big, cozy and comfortable with nice furniture. Everything was neat and clean. The food in the restaurant downstairs was wonderful and the service was great. We really enjoyed all three days that we spent in your hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites with balcony are special.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear guest,

We are so very delighted to hear your time at the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort was memorable and enjoyable. We stive to provide a unique experience with excellent customer service and ammenities. Thank you for taking the time to describe our "Oasis in the desert." We look forward to you returning soon.

Sam Cocharo

Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 11 in Casa Grande
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort

Been to Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!