Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort
Motel 6 Casa Grande(Casa Grande)
$52
  • Pool
Comfort Inn(Casa Grande)
$81
TripAdvisor
Quality Inn(Casa Grande)(Great Value!)
$75
QualityInn
$50
$110
$102
$80
$75
Arizona Moon Motel(Casa Grande)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Se-Tay Motel(Casa Grande)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjohn waynespring traininggolf resortlegends restaurantduke's barprime riblooking forward to our next visitgiants baseballsized roomsnice groundsflatbreadin great shapegreat resortbratfollowing morninglarge bathroomvisiting friends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Over the past weekend, my Daughter and I decided to visit Family members in Casa Grande. I wanted to stay at Francisco Grande because it’s unique and not the “same old same old” that you find with the Name Brand Chain Hotels in the area. The Hotel is full of history and the five mile drive out of Casa Grande has never been an issue. I love the location and the fact that you are out of the noise and congestion of Casa Grande. The location is amazing for star gazing as well.

I’ve had the chance to stay in many different rooms in both the Tower and the Courtyard. I’m a little biased when it comes to the tower rooms because I love the view you have from each and every room. The Hotel maintains the unique charm of a property that was built over fifty years ago, with the modern amenities that provide for a safe, comfortable stay.

The Staff: I honestly can’t remember any occasion where I felt like I wasn’t getting the customer service I deserved for the money I was spending! The Room Service arrives within minutes of ordering and has always been hot, fresh and filling. The food prices are reasonably priced for a Resort in this location and in no way reflect the price range you would find at a Marriott or Phoenician resort in Scottsdale. The front office staff are very attentive to my needs and have always treated me like the number one guest!

The Bar and Restaurant are full of character and charm. The bar is a place where you can just sit and reflect on the history of the Hotel and if you are lucky enough to find a local in the bar, you will be amazed at the stories you will hear.

I love the gigantic swimming pool. You are not crowded and there is plenty of room to swim laps. I like the location because I can jog around the golf course without worrying about traffic.

The rooms are spacious, clean, quite and the Air Conditioner is amazing. The AC units are very quite and when you are in your room, you are not bothered by the noise of Golfers, Guests or Police sirens you would hear if you stayed in town. I have never been bothered by bugs, snakes, scorpions or any other animal that lives in the Desert.

The Francisco Grande has always provided what I needed, a place that is clean, comfortable, safe and reasonably priced for my vacations. The Staff treat you like a Customer and make a point to let you know that they appreciate your business. These are just a few reasons why I choose Francisco Grande when I visit the Casa Grande area. I highly recommend this Hotel because it is unique, full of history, safe, clean and competitively priced. If you want to visit a location that is full of charm and history, a place where you can be transported back in time to the days of John Wayne and Willie Mays, give The Francisco Grande a call!

P.S. I have never been aware of “bed bugs” on the property and I’ve been visiting for years.

Bill Jackson
Chandler, AZ

Room Tip: Get a Penthouse room if available:-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BaileesDadBill
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review for the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort. We are always delighted to hear we have excelled in every hospitality aspect possible and created such a strong customer relationship. We take great pride in being a top hotel choice in Casa Grande, AZ and will continue to look for ways to improve our resort. We look forward to your next visit in one of our Penthouse Suites.

Sam Cocharo
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was concerned before booking this hotel with the few bedbugs issues displayed here on tripadvisor from the previous comments, but I tried to overcome it, tried to focus on the "middle of the desert experience" and cheap night stop. I was traveling with my pregnant wife and my 5 years old son.

When we arrived, the ladies at desk were very friendly, thanks to them. We were put in third floor. Entering the room, we found a nice space with a kinda pittoresque atmosphere. All was very neat. But I saw a little bug on the curtain climbing his way up. I was not familiar with the bedbug shape so I looked up on the internet -wich was somewhat capricious-. It turned on to be one of these things. So I checked the mattress, lifting them up to find half a dozen skin shells. They were from 2003 wich is maybe the reason of having bedbugs there.

We wanted to take our precautions so we went at the front desk and explained the situation to the ladies who were once again very sorry for us and very friendly. They switched our room and moved us higher ground, at 703 if i recall. I checked under the mattress once again and found one or two skin shells, but no bed bugs on the curtain that we were aware of.

at 1 am, still awake, I checked the bed, just in case. And I saw a bed bug crawling on the sheets. I checked on my son bed, and they were 2 bugs approaching him from the end of the mattress.

I guess it was like the beginning, or maybe there was only few of these little insects but I got back to the front desk, pretty tired and on the edge, wanting to find some comfort and empathy.
I found the rudest night employee ever. She did not believed me what so ever and took a condescendant attitude.

She eventually changed the room and I ended up sleeping with my wife and son on the same bed, waking myself every 30 minutes to check the beds till 5 am.
The front desk manager, Sam, did offer us a free breakfast we glady took and a gift certificate to come sleep again for free, wich we obviously did not accept.

All in all, it was a nightmare, despite the good will of most of the people there. I won't come again unless they refurbish all the buidling.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Loicbilliau
Sam C, Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are saddened from your comments. We strive for an outstanding experience every time. Included in our efforts, we employ a nationally recognized pest organization that provides a monthly service to ensure we keep any pests as far from the hotel a possible. Additionally, we do not allow pets to provide a better experience for guests that may be allergic to animals.

In addition, our housekeeping staff inspects each room every day to keep our cleanliness quality consistent throughout the hotel. We have a deep cleaning program for every room. I do apologize for the manner in which you were treated by our nightly front desk agent and will investigate further. Thank you for pointing out the friendliness and accommodating staff of the hotel, I will be sure to pass your comments along. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast at Legends Restaurant and we still hold our invitation open to stay again.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Hotel was great, food was great...and then we get to the outside at this resort. The resort is miles away from anything and out in the middle of nowhere. The minute we get out of the car, the mosquito problem became so obvious. Golf the next morning, you see many locals wearing pants and spraying themselves with OFF to stop the mosquito problem they are about to witness out on the course. We batted away mosquitos off our bodies the whole round with times you would stand in a spot and have hundreds attacking your legs. You try to putt on the greens with them biting? Good Luck! The course conditions? Should I post pictures of the brown dead grass everywhere? Teeing off tee boxes that are completely dead. Simply not what I call a great experience and quite frankly will never drive the hour it took to get to this place again to play golf here. I give it a Poor rating only because the food and hotel are good. Terrible is giving the course and the mosquitos credit. I lost counting after 90 mosquito bites. Need I say more?

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tothetop777
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at Francisco Grande Golf Course. We strive to achieve a great experience for all of our guests, and unfortunately, did not live up to that standard.

The mosquitoes are an issue that we’re dealing with on many different fronts. We currently treat both of our lakes every 5 days with a 30 day product, which is six times the recommended dosage. We’ve also purchased our own fogging machine to help eliminate them, and since the first sign of them on May 10th, we have fogged the entire golf course 11 times. We do provide complimentary mosquito repellent to our guests, and I apologize if you were not informed of the issue at check-in. These are not meant to be excuses for your poor experience, but merely examples of our efforts to eradicate the pests.

I agree, that the current course conditions are not as desirable as winter conditions because we are in our “transition” period. We have forced the winter rye grass to die out, in order to promote the summer Bermuda grass. During this time we have areas of the course that are dry and very firm. We do however feel we’ve set our golf rates at an acceptable level for the time of year.

As I mentioned, we strive to provide the best experience possible, and hope to have you return with us in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I came out here for business, on the road for the past month. The amenities are just what I needed. wife came out for a few days the the resort atmosphere, without all of the typical resort guests, were a relaxing treat for her. Legends and Dukes have wonderful food, the John Wayne photos and such make it fun, good for a fun lunch in the afternoon to a romantic dinner at night. The fish taco's are the best, and complaints on any of the sandwiches, actually more than we expected. Great service, Stacy at Dukes can handle an entire dining room. Will use this place every time in Casa Grande. THANKYOU

Room Tip: Request a corner, unless you want to splurge and get the John Wayne suite. Corners need a couple week in advance reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the postive feedback regarding or property. We are always excited to hear our guests have enjoyed staying at The Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort, and all the wonderful experiences that come with it. Our staff truly takes great pride in being the best in guest service and your comments will be communicated. We all hope to see you return shortly.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This place was amazing. During my stay here the AC went out in my room and i was upgraded to the Penthouse Suite for the rest of my stay. Ive never been in a more beautiful room. The staff went above and beyond to be accomodating which made the stay here that much more enjoyable. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet with the most amazing views from the balcony.
It may be a little ways out of town but well worth it just to have the serenity and peacefulness this place offers.
The food in the restaurant was above expectations as well. I would stay here again and again and would recommend this place to anyone at anytime. Well worth the drive

Room Tip: Make sure when you book a room that you request a room in the tower. They have courtyard rooms that arent as big and dont have the views but are still just as nice but to get the most out of your stay i recommend a tower room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Francisco Grande Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear guest,

We are always delighted to hear raving reviews! We thank you for pointing out our effort to make accommodations when unforeseen issues may occur. It is always our goal here at Francico Grande Hotel and Golf Resort to go above and beyond and make our guests feel overwhelmingly satisfied. Legend’s restaurant and Duke’s lounge provide a one of a kind atmosphere and service and we are very happy you were able to enjoy some outstanding dishes. We look forward to your next visit.