“Terrible experience”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We checked in and were informed by the desk clerk that the a/c units didn't work too well. The room they put us in had a stench coming from the a/c that smelled like urine, or something. In a very short time both my wife and I were feeling Ill from it. We asked for another room and were granted it.Why they gave us this room to begin with makes no sense. Sad to say, things got worse from here. Around midnight we were woken by very, very loud partying in the room below us. I called the desk and they said they would handle it. At 1:15 it still had not been handled. We could not sleep at all so I called again. The clerk said he talked to them, but that he would do so again. The noise kept on until somewhere around 3 am. Needless to say, we got very little sleep. The next morning, when checking out, the clerk never inquired about how our stay was, instead he complained that his replacement hadn't shown up yet and that he had been working since 10pm the night before!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Excursion4fun
tmvorhies, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments and please allow us apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. During the summer we ask guests to adjust their A/C to 73 degrees, automatic and cool for the frist time that they use the unit. We do so in order to keep the units from freezing on the first use. We are terribly sorry for the guest below your room. They were asked to keep the noise down, until they were finally asked to leave the property, We are sorry that this problem was not initially put to an end. We understand that your concerns are important and we further apologize that no one inquired about your stay. It is our job to service you at all times, whether or not a replacement has arrived. Thank you for your concerns, once more, we apologize. We hope that you can consider us in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The price was very deceiving. I am accustomed to paying much more for a nice room.
The service here is top notch. The rooms are what you would expect from Best Western at three times the price. The complementary breakfast was very good. The wireless internet worked Flawlessly.
If you have to stay in Casa Grande AZ for any reason, This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nvrkuit1

Thank you for your comments we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try and make sure that our amenities function flawlessly. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfest, and that you found the price fair. We want to make sure that you enjoy the value of an accomodating stay. Once more thank you very much, and please remember us for any of your future stays in our area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Tucson area for several days, and on the last day of our trip I had a business appointment in Phoenix - so we made the decision to drive up to Casa Grande for the evening. I made a reservation at the Best Western, and was initially pleased with the price (only $59). We arrived and they quickly checked us in to a non-smoking room. As soon as I opened the door to the room I could smell cigarette smoke. It was a late night and I was willing to let it go just so I could get some rest. I settled in to the bed, which had that typical cheap motel dampness in the sheets. I was having difficulty falling asleep because there was a cricket making quite a bit of noise in the room. I didn't see the cricket and I expected that I would sleep through it, so I ignored the noise. Just a few minutes later I felt and saw several large, brown crickets (or grasshoppers) leap onto the bed and on my wife beside me. She was terrified - I beat one to death with a shoe - but they were so big it was like killing a mammal. We flushed the second one down the toilet - but the chirping persisted. I began to take a closer look around the room and that is when I saw them crawling out from behind the TV cabinet. I pulled out the couch and there were at least five or six of them behind it. I saw at least two dozen, many of them living but some dead. It was obvious that they had a problem with insects and that they hadn't taken the time to vacuum up the dead one's in the room. My wife called the front desk to ask if we could have another room - and the young man working that night responded, "every room is the same". He offered us bug spray to take care of the problem. We left in a hurry - and slept soundly at the Holiday Inn down the street.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn is just a mile down the street and was very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank ChristianCritic
tmvorhies, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your review, we apologize for the inconvenience that you had with the crickets. Unfortunately we tend to have a cricket season that lasts for about a few weeks. We make sure to check the rooms after they are cleaned for any crickets during that season. Sometimes they still manage to enter the rooms, mostly the ones on the ground floor. furthermore, we had just painted the doors of the rooms and some doors were open for a few hours, we still try to control the problem but it was unfortunate timing. We are sorry that we could not move you to another room, sometimes we are unable to know if the crickets have entered a room or not. We apologize once more. We will try our best to better deal with this problem in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Everything was perfect. The staff anticipated every need, from wi fi to food. They were friendly and efficient. The room was so comfortable. Clean, neat, large and accessible. The pool area was in excellent condition. We would stay there again in an instant.

Room Tip: Just bring your own dinner. This hotel has an excellent breakfast, but the Denny's there is ter...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
tmvorhies, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you Linda.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And we look forward to your next visit. When you are in the area

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Long story short moved twice no better. Took 5 hours for the room to cool down to an almost tolerable temp. Calk BW Diamond Elite line and complained. They said they would get back to me. Also found a sock in the couch, hair in the tub and bathroom floor. Pigeon crap all over the sideways, carpet dirty, door doesnt close tight so the sand storm last night ended up in my room. I hardly slept and I 100% will not be back to this property. No im sorry from anyone working here including GM. Please stay somewhere else, this property doesn't deserve your hard earned money

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Michael H

After reading your comments sir, I cannot apologize enough for the condition you found your room in. What you experienced is not typical of the condition of this hotel or how it is run. Here in the summer time we do get extreme heat. And we do try to precool the rooms ahead of time. Because of your comments my staff and I are taking a different approach to how we present our rooms to guests. I do thank you for bringing these concerns to my attention. And I hope you will give us another try when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I wasn't overly impressed but it was better thn most Best Westerns. The air conditioner worked well but it was a dated room. The grounds were well kept and the pool was very clean. I thought the price was fair and I would stay here again if back in the area. Outside entry's but seemed like a safe area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim21W

Jim21W

I am glad you found this Best Western better than the rest you've stayed at during your travels.
We are constantly updating both the interior and exterior of the property. so on your next stay we will impress you even more.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Recently I became very tired on my way from Phoenix to Tucson and decided to stay at this hotel. I was very pleased with the accommodations and would definitely stay here again. I had a great interaction with the front desk staff and found everyone to be courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank you for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and got to see some of the things

that Casa Grande and the surrounding area has to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Casa Grande
#1 of 11 in Casa Grande
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!