“High quality, good value”
Review of Big House Cafe

Big House Cafe
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Casa Grande
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This small informal eatery is a great find. The waitstaff are friendly and helpful, but a bit overwhelmed. Not their fault. The food is very good. I had a brisket patty melt and it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. My husband had grilled cheese and hand cut fries. Every dish we saw come out if the kitchen looked great. Huge burgers, big salads. The place filled up quickly after about 12:30, with a mixture of seniors, families, and workmen. Great food, reasonable pricing, I definitely recommend.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've eaten here twice and stopped in for a cuppa joe on one other occasion. Both lunches were their "green monster", an oversize burger with roasted green chilis and melted cheese on it. This is one of my favorite burgers ever. The first time, I added their seasoned fries. Good, but just too much food. This time I substituted slaw for the fries and this made for a perfect meal. Lunchtime is busy, but they have a few chairs outside to wait in. Only once did I have any wait and the wait was not long. Staff is helpful and friendly. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

For $7.50 received a huge breakfast sandwich with chicken fried steak, ham and bacon, cheese etc. I had them the two eggs on the side and I am glad I did. It was hard enough to pick up.

It is a small cafe and I have been there several times, it is always busy in the winter. The food is fresh and tasty. Usually, huge portions (except for the onion rings - which I shouldn't order anyway.)

A hidden food gem in old town Casa Grande.

1  Thank Artist2b
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The servers were moving fast, but it still took a long time to get our meal. Considering the fact that the place was packed the delay was understandable. Food was excellent. Served hot and with fresh ingredients. We watched as other meals came out. The sandwiches and burgers were HUGE.
Skip the chain restaurants and come here. It is worth it.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have stopped by the Big House for breakfast a couple of times and am always happy with my meal. Freshly made, piping hot (great muffins!). Service is typically good, a little slow on this last visit - but I think the holidays and higher level of friendly chat played into that - we were really hungry or I likely wouldn't have knocked off a point :-)

They serve breakfast until 2 - my companions ordered sandwiches for lunch (LARGE portions) and thought they were excellent.

Clean, friendly and good food - what more can you ask for!

1  Thank Pedal_gal