“Nice new hotel, friendly service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Casa Grande
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This holiday inn is fairly new and looks it - everything is clean and sharp. The rooms are large with nice TV's, the pool is large enough for lap swimming and there's a good exercise room. The staff is very friendly, and there are some nice touches, like the free bottle of water they gave me on checkin (it tastes like the best water you've ever had after driving on the desert highway), the free detergent in the laundry room, morning paper left by the door, express chec kout, mints by the bed and the cookie they gave me on checkout (OK, I asked for one after I saw them hidden behind the front desk, but they gave it to me cheerfully). The free breakfast is standard fare but good quality. Those little omelets can come out good or not so good, and in this case they're good, and so were the danishes, muffins and sausages I tried (if it sounds like I overindulged, hey it's a free breakfast!). There isn't a bevy of restaurants in walking distance, but there are a couple, including an IHOP, and if you just drive to the other side of the freeway there's a huge shopping center with Target, In 'n Out Burger, a movie theater. I don't know the next time I'll be driving between Tucson and Phoenix, but now I know there's a good place to stop.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank technicat

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel is next to a RV park and nice away from the highway. There is a restaurant nearby. The rooms are new and very clean. Beds are really comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very new, clean and friendly hotel. The room was spotless, and quite spacious with everything you would expect in a HI Express. Very nice outdoor pool area. Great complimentary breakfast; typical in many ways, but a couple of added touches. Friendly breakfast room staff kept the area tidy and clean. Convenience store across the parking lot, and a buffet restaurant on the same parking lot (did not eat there so cannot comment). Would certainly recommend for a stay in Casa Grande.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 154914AlbertaBound
Trish R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. It is our goal to make sure all guests feel comfortable and welcome, it sounds like that goal was acheived during your stay with us. As a guest you are a vital member of our family and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the Casa Grande area.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here on our way from Tombstone. The front desk folks were friendly, the room clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast included everything you could ask for; omelettes, sausage, pancakes, boiled eggs, fruit, and the list list goes on.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HomelyPig
Reviewed February 1, 2012

As usual, HI express in Casa Grande is a very good hotel. Rooms are spacious and very clean, staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. Good breakfast with hot eggs, pancakes and sausages. Very good beds. Quiet area, close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HHTAP
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This property stands out from its peers through a friendly and helpfull staff coupled with a nice lobby and room. We enjoyed our stay. When the shower leaks past the bath curtain and my pants got wet, the front desk clerk was very quick to offer to dry it at guest laundry at their cost. They even came and put them in and returned them to us. Mow. This was way over expectation. The shower was very nice though and I slept quite well. I will stay again!

They were also quite helpful and provided us adjoining rooms on request.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank United858
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I travel 4 to 5 times a year to Casa Grande. I have stayed at Comfort Inn, the old Holiday Inn & this Holiday Inn is #1!!! Hands down!
The staff is great! The rooms are decent! Breakfast included unlike the other Holiday Inn. It's quiet, the other HI had a little league baseball team running up & down the halls after 11pm & the front desk did not ask them to quiet down. I'm very picky on where I stay when I travel.
I love this hotel & as a Priority Club member I highly recommend it. Staying there next week for 5 days.

• Stayed: July 2011
Quality Inn
#2 of 11 in Casa Grande
GreenTree Inn & Suites Florence
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Casa Grande? Share your experiences!