“Impressed with the manager and service”

Siegel Suites Select Casa Grande
Casa Grande
“Impressed with the manager and service”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

For the past three weeks Legacy Suites in Casa Grande has been our home away from home. In a time of a struggling economy and restraining budgets the management has offered the travellers resonably priced lodging. They are striving to make the system work. The residents are provided with coffee all day, a pool and hot tub , kitchenettes, many TV channels as well as use of the internet. John Bersch and his staff are very well-mannered, pleasant and most accommodating.
Our stay has been most enjoyable. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at Legacy Suites. It was a great find for us on a budget. The grounds are well maintained with a beautiful swimming pool. We enjoyed the barbecue and picnic area. Rooms were standard but clean. We will stay here the next time we visit.

Whitecourt
Reviewed February 17, 2010

This was a great place to stay for comfort, relaxation, sight seeing and shopping. Great pool and most accomodating manager. Did our own housekeeping but who cares for the price charged!! A nice, quiet city, not too busy with traffic, good shopping. Just enjoyed our week there and look forward to returning next winter for a month!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Legacy Suites Casa Grande was excellent! The hotel is beautiful! I thought this hotel was the nicest hotel in Casa Grande. We stayed in a 2 room suite-lots of room. The pool and BBQ area was awesome! Close to everything in Casa Grande! We loved it

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
West Covina, CA
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I just got home from our nightmare in Casa Grande! Before I booked us into the Legacy Suites, I called manager, John and asked him to explain the negative reviews and tell me why I should book with them. He told me that the reviews were from other hotels in the area because they were jealous of the LS because they are new and bigger. I booked based on what he said.

Our room was way to the back so access to the front desk would be difficult. When I got in the room, I noticed that it was very sparce. No wastebasket, no radio, no place for luggage, no coffee pot, no shelf for toiletries, NOT EVEN A DOOR KNOB ON THE BATHROOM DOOR!!! And the shower! It had "brown smoogy stuff" smeared all over the tiles. The walls made noises all night long, knocking, knocking, knocking. The blinds were too small. No amenities at all.

Some of our family came to Casa Grande to meet up with us. There were many rooms available but because they only wanted one night, it was too much trouble for "housekeepping" to clean up a room. Our family went next door and for a few dollars more were treated like they were important. We were soooo jealous! We meet them the next morning and watched them eat their very nice breakfast. At the LS, you might get coffee if you waited till they got around to opening the office at 8:00!

All in all, this was the WORST place I have ever stayed in in the entire United States and Mexico. As we plan to return again to Casa Grande next year, you can bet we will be at the Comfort Inn where they really care about your comfort. Never again at this rat hole.

Staff, John, if you are reading this, I told you I was going to do it and here it is. I am only sorry I didn't use a credit card when I registered as I would cancel the transaction. You will not get another penny out of me, however. Goodbye forever, Legacy Suites of Casa Grande.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank carole1229
indiana
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Legacy Suites suited our needs. We were prepared with linens and cooking/eating equipment. The basics are there and just fine: comfortable bed, cable TV, high speed computer hookup, great shower, adequate kitchen. Take a bottle of antibacterial spray cleaner and paper towels to go over all the hard surfaces when you move in. We bought a small folding table and a wastebasket to use in the bathroom.

You earn your low rate by doing things you normally do not do in a motel. Advance planning for a no-service stay is a must. We appreciated having our own linens which we knew were clean and sanitary.

Perhaps when this location has higher occupancy, they will expand their maintenance staff to keep the common areas cleaner, the walkways swept or washed down.
The place was designed intelligently and efficiently, however, the vertical blinds did not cover the window completely, so we had to tape a piece of newspaper over the side.

We had contact with the front desk only when checking in and out, but don't expect warm and fuzzy.

We would stay there again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I found fresh blood on my sheets,(The bed was made and looked clean) poop smeared on the wall in the bathroom above the toilet paper holder, holes ripped in the couch, mildew on the shower curtain, the floor in the bathroom had hair everywhere, the microwave had splats of food all in it. Nail holes all over the walls, broken cabinets, the freezer needed to be defrosted, I could not put anything in the freezer. No place to get ice, no fitness room. There was dirt and dust all over the room from a dust storm and I told the main housekeeper if she could please freshen up the room and she told me " I can give you a vacuum so you can clean it to your satisfaction." How rude was that?

1 Thank aconsernedindividual