“Great little diner”

Black Mountain Coffee Shop
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Carefree
Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: Black Mountain Coffee Shop Completely remodeled Kitchen, Restaurant Dining Room, and Outdoor Dining Patio, Seating capacity of 94 Persons, We are the original restaurant to Carefree which makes us the Oldest Name in Town of Carefree!. This is where the locals hang out and have breakfast on a daily basis. Best breakfast and lunch in town at the most affordable prices around for the area. Normal food without all the Hoopla or over pricing! We do sell Coffee Mugs! perfect gift for the Tourist's to take home. Freshly Made Food for each order. Best Biscuits and Gravy in the Area, Homemade soups, salads, Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, Try make your own Omelet on our menu option! French Toast, Eggs, Salads, Kale salads, BLT's, Hamburgers, Patty Melt, Vienna Italian Beef Sandwiches, Vienna beef Chicago Hot Dogs, French fry's, Onion Rings, Chili, Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Chicken Fritter Steaks, Steaks & Eggs, Hash Browns, Home fries, Chicken Filets, Ham Steaks, Ice-cream,
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I liked this small diner. The breakfast was amazing and the waitress was pleasant. Very relaxing and clean. Good place to talk or read the paper. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Black Mountain Coffee Shop has indoor and patio dining. There is a separate patio for dining with your dog. There is even a water dish for them

The chicken fried steak is about the best I've had. The gravy that comes with it is very tasty, also. The eggs, which I always order over-medium, were done properly, unlike another restaurant which I reviewed last year.

Indoor dining is quite noisy, so you might like either patio, with or without your dog.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Really nice spot for breakfast. Seating is outside and the food is reasonable and tasty. My husband and I spent a few hours just enjoying the calm atmosphere. Next time we will arrive a little earlier since it became quite hot on the patio late morning. Thankfully they had patio umbrellas to shade from the sun. The coffee was very good, however the heat limited the amount we could enjoy. Will definitely return.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Tucked in the little town of Carefree in the Spanish Village, you could blink and miss the Black Mountain Coffee Shop, but you won't miss the aroma of the fresh food wafting out the door. On a beautiful Sunday morning, sitting on the patio was a real treat! Oh, how I wanted to order a cinnamon roll, but it just isn't on my diet . . . so I ordered my old standby, an omelet with mushrooms, a side of rye toast and the breakfast potatoes. (Not really on my diet either!) Where other restaurants might have charged upwards of $10 for that breakfast, BMCS charged a mere $6.75 . . . a bargain which made my meal even tastier! Hubby had the Grubsteak, a plate piled high with chicken fried steak, potatoes, two eggs and instead of the usual biscuits, an english muffin. That, too, was made even more delicious by the $7.95 price tag. It looks like they cater to quite a few regulars as people were coming and going, chatting up the waitresses, carrying out boxes, etc.

Black Mountain Coffee Shop has a real neighborhood friendly appeal, and the coffee was good, and cheap! Refills were a little slow, but it was an especially busy morning as it was the last day of the Art and Wine Festival.

We've got to go back just to try the biscuits and cinnamon rolls -- when I'm ready to splurge!

Remember to bring cash or checks . . . no credit cards allowed.

Reviewed July 1, 2012