“Serene setting in beautiful Carefree, AZ”
Review of Carefree Resort

Carefree Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Our reservation was handled by Anna, who was professional, friendly and very helpful.

The resort is in a beautiful peaceful desert setting with great views of the Continental mountains.
The towns of Carefree and Cave Creek are fun and funky and offer golf, dining, great coffee houses, and hiking.
And a short hop down the road and you are in Scottsdale with all it has to offer.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
K M, Manager at Carefree Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear lynneelle,

I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time during your visit at Carefree Resort! Thank you too for the warm comments about Anna, we're definitely proud of our team members as they take great care of our guests. We hope to see you again on your future visit!

Kate Mendez, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Average resort.....cob webs in the window frames, found 2 cockroaches on the floor. Outdated rooms.....We stayed in the master villa and was not worth the money. Pool was nice, but only allowed to have 2 pool towels and if you do not have them both returned to your room you are charged $50 per towel. If you were to misplace the pool key, you are charged $150.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Chris N Stacey H

Chris N Stacy,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. Our staff has acknowledged your concerns and your feedback helps us with our continued efforts to improve in all areas to exceed our guest expectations. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact myself directly at the Carefree Resort & Conference Center.

Thank you for keeping us informed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kate Mendez, Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Carefree Resort & Conference Center (CR) is located in Carefree, AZ, north of Phoenix and Scottsdale and on the edge of the Tonto National Forest. I recently spent 2 nights here while hiking in the mountains north of Phoenix with a small group.

CR has 218 guest rooms in 4 styles - Resort Rooms, Suites, Villas and Premier. I was in #2154, a large, dark, lower level Resort Room with 2 queen beds. Please see their web site for description and photos of each.

I found my room to be poorly lighted. It felt like a dark cave when I first entered it. The caulking where the tub/shower surround met the tub was badly mildewed and really need cleaned. The upper edges of the splash tiles surrounding the sink were dusty and clearly had not been wiped down in awhile. The bath towels were scratchy. No in-room safe. Restaurant service for our small group of 9 was agonizingly slow.

The resort features were wasted on me as I did not use them, but that was not CR's fault. Our trip planner made a poor choice here. We would have been better off staying in Scottsdale and making the drive daily. I was glad to leave and would not stay here again on my own.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank AustinWhitewater
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Recently, my two friends and I took a 3-day mini vacation to Carefree Resort on the recommendation of another friend. The resort had changed hands in December of '13 so there were a few minor adjustments when we first arrived. However, Tony, one of the front desk managers, exhibited exemplary customer service and, along with the front desk personnel, Erin, Veronica and Audrey, we received efficient, professional and courteous help. Our rooms were wonderful, clean and roomy. We also dined one evening in the dining room where we were served an excellent dinner at the hands of William, our waitperson. On another evening we enjoyed Happy Hour where we received excellent service from Jan. The morning we checked out we indulged in a delightful breakfast where we again received great service from Cody and Dianne. I mention these staff members by name in hopes that they enjoy long, fine careers with the Carefree Resort. The staff is trained well and are worth keeping! I wish the Carefree Resort great success.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at Carefree Resort and Spa about one hour north of Phoenix, AZ, for two nights in early March 2014. The rooms show their age a bit, and hallway carpets are a bit worn and seemed to be in need of vacuuming during most of our stay. The ice machine was on another floor and as far away from our room as it could possibly have been…annoying. Having pointed out those deficiencies, we still enjoyed our stay. Wifi was available in the room, and the rooms were pleasant. I felt it was considerably overpriced, even for an Arizona resort (about 203 USD per night AAA or senior rate, including taxes and fees), but then we used the resort mainly as an overnight accommodation while we attended a family reunion held elsewhere in the neighborhood. We did not attempt to utilize the recreational or spa facilities of the resort. I can recommend Carefree Resort and Spa as a comfortable place to stay, but suggest that couples should use it as a resort and enjoy its recreational facilities, rather than just for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brady V
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Thee were several people who deserved high commendation for their customer service:

Edgar, the Front Desk Manager, who was able to put me in a very nice hotel room when the room that hotels.com (which I will never use again) did not have the right accomodations for me. Edgar was quite helpful.

Audrey, the Bellperson, had excellent customer service and prompt attention to help me to my car with all my bags as was Carmen who did a great job in Housekeeping.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ChristinaStimson
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were originally scheduled to stay here 3/13 through 3/16/14. We checked out a day early. Upon arrival and after unpacking I went to wash my hands and the towel rack fell off the wall. A lightbulb was burned out in the desk lamp. The toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom and this was not the worst part. Our neighbors next door turned on the TV at 2:00 AM at high volume and it required 2 calls to the front desk to get them to turn it down. They also had 2 'yappy" dogs who would bark at every noise in the building or outside. They never mentioned that the resort was "pet friendly." Unfortunately, the people above us had kids who ran back & forth and this also caused the dogs to bark. Overall, the sound insulation is poor and the resort is in need of better management. The new resort we checked into for our last night was a bit more expensive but magnificent in comparison and well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the above noisemakers as the sound insulation is poor.