“Service by Audry (Guest Services), made the difference”
Review of Carefree Resort

Carefree Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My daughter and I came to this resort to get away, and it was seeming down as the weather was unusual for January in AZ, A lot of rain, immediately after we checked in a lovely lady name Audry, drove us to a local eatery, where we had a good time. Service was over the top; we are going back again because of her. Great Time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MsGoldeelocs

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Picturesque location. Close proximity to quant western downtown of Carefree. Age of resort gave the common areas a rustic charm, which paired nicely with the southwest feel the resort was trying to capture. I was in an updated room, others I understand were a little rough around the edges. Service lacking, not lack of trying, just poorly trained.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank R M
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked a three night stay and paid in advance before I read the reviews. That was a big mistake.
The reviews that rated this resort terrible outlined the problems. I am rating it poor as we have decided to leave after one night. Our package included valet parking. We could not find the valet when we arrived. At the front desk we found a clerk who was neither friendly nor helpful. We were supposed to have a room with a view. She put us in a first floor room. It would be an understatement to say there was no view. We complained and we were given a second floor room overlooking the pool. So, we did have a view.
Our room was spacious which was nice. The mattress and pillows were not up to standards.
But, the clincher was when we went into the bathroom and discovered a bottle of shampoo that was half full. In all my travels in all my years, I have never checked into a room with shampoo that had apparently already been used. What could be the possible excuse?
Even though we will not use two nights we have paid for, we feel compelled to check out after one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cordpar
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Upon arrival at the resort, we were greated at the front desk by a professional and friendly young lady. The room was huge, comfortable and clean. The only thing the room lacked was a refrigerator and microwave. The grounds were beautiful and clean. We found the food to be excellent and the staff very courteous and friendly. We are definitely planning another trip to Carefree in the near future and would highly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ggh39
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a great get-away weekend we had at Carefree Resort. Felt like we were far away on vacation but not so far that we can't go back often. Highly recommended !! Staff was wonderful, made every interaction a true pleasure....Food is FABULOUS !! Just a great overall experience .... can't wait to go back again and again.....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would not recommend the Carefree Resort & Villas to anyone. There were 5 couples staying at the resort over New Years Eve and each one of us had problems and issues. The front desk is extremely disorganized and just plain rude. We booked the reservation through Bookit and when we arrived they did not give my friend and I the room we booked even though it was clearly stated on our reservations. We went round and round with the Manager. We finally got BookIt involved (they were great) and finally it was resolved. However, it took BookIT four times calling to get them to answer their phone. The Manager and some front desk staff were downright rude. Our members in our group had similar problems in that they could not find their reservations, another party booked through Expedia and the front desk staff said they did not pay even though they had their paperwork. I could go on and on but my advice is to book somewhere else. Never again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Avoid this. I managed lots of people and traveled alot over my career and I hav...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Xpose
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I made the reservation for New Years in August knowing that I may never have the chance to visit Scottsdale again. I checked many hotels and settled on Carefree based on ammenities and price. First off, they did not say they were open for animals anywhere that I saw, but multiple rooms around us had dogs staying. I'm extremely allergic to pet hair and had such a sore throat that i lost my voice. I ended up taking Benadryl and slept through my second evening from staying in a pet friendly room. We also requested a mountain view (4 months in advance) but got a view of picnic tables and the parking lot instead. The bed and pillows were both extremely uncomfortable and obviously had not been replaced in some time. They boast multiple bars and restaurants but had only 1 opened and that closes at 10pm. Since Carefree is so far from anything else in Scotsdale it's too far to go out for drinks and drive to the hotel, but there is no bar to end the night at there either. The worst part is that they charged us for ammenities like microwave and refrigerator that we didn't get and had to dispute. Once looking at the receipt, we noticed that the price charged was not the same as the confirmation emailed to me by them. When I showed the desk attendant she told me "The rates change daily" as the only explanation. There was also a resort fee that was not listed on the confirmation. All in all, this hotel was nothing special and the service made it a horrible choice for our only trip to Scotsdale.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Erin S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carefree
Desert Ridge
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to Carefree Resort? Share your experiences!