“Quiet Family Holiday was absolutely WONDERFUL”

Carefree Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
texas
“Quiet Family Holiday was absolutely WONDERFUL”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I can say that I am a very picky person and will admit difficult at times...or so my wife says. I don't think I ask for much but certainly do not excuse inferior service or standards.

We came in for Christmas and wanted to try Arizona and visit family. Let me just say that I've never been more impressed with the level of service I received.

I have a bad back and couldn't get my luggage out of the trunk and the valet was helping other guests. We arrived around 7:30 pm and a Manager (Frank) saw what I was tyring to do and immediately offered assistance. I didn't know who he was at first but when we were checking in, he told us his name and was very friendly. He spoke with my wife about the different things she could enjoy...he took his time with all of her questions.

The staff in the restaurant was great and we appreciated the Chef stopping by our table to explain a dessert to us. It was very fancy and I still can't pronounce what it was but I didn't leave any on the plate.

Thanks for the wonderful experience. The Villas were quite special.

Mr. H.Lippa

• Liked — The top quality of the staff
  • Disliked — we didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank HRLippa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Tacoma
Reviewed January 2, 2008

WOW! This is the most incredible place! I NEVER wanted to leave! From the most incredible customer service to great accomodations! I will definitely be going back! Thanks to all of the Staff and wonderful people at the Carefree! It was the most incredible stay! The Best Ever!!

• Liked — The Outstanding Service!
  • Disliked — I Loved everything!
1 Thank Amber1234
Scottsdale
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We had family from all over the country stay at the Carefree Resort and Villas for a long overdue reunion. The people and staff are fabulous! The surrounding desert landscape is beautiful and offered a wonderful setting for our 23 family members to reconnect. Food in the restaurants is great and the service is way above what you would expect. We will definitely gather here again!

• Liked — Scenic location - away from city and hub bub
  • Disliked — No shuttle service from airport
Washington State
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We had several of us staying at the same hotel, for a family reunion. It was marvelous. We never had a problem with customer service, they were truly the nicest people we had ever dealt with. We especially enjoyed the Red Horse Saloon that is located in the Hotel. We spent many of our nights there, just gathered having fun. It was nice that the kids were able to be a part of the action, and were allowed in also. I would definitely recommend Carefree to my friends and family, we had a wonderful time!

1 Thank Alleebratz
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2007

If you're looking for a great place to stay outside of the Scottsdale mania, then this is the place. The hotel itself is under renovation so we stayed in a Sonoran villa. What a bargain for $194 a night. It's a huge one bedroom unit with a full kitchen, dining area and living room. The views from the patio are fantastic. It was so quiet we thought we were the only people around for miles. The front desk staff at check-in were very nice and helpful; there's also a bank of computers in the lobby to check email and print boarding passes. The only downside to this place is the food. Not the food itself but where you eat it. If you're not in the main restaurant, your food has to be delivered from the kitchen and, since either the saloon or room service are a bit of hike from the restaurant, the food tends to be tepid to cold by the time it arrives. Don't let that deter you, however. This is a really nice place.

• Liked — The huge size of the room and its cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBrantley
NJ
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed here with our 3 children, and had a great time. We were booked into a Villa, which was very large, clean and well appointed (kitchen, sofa, stereo). Had a beautiful view of the mountains and the golf course. The room was right next to a pool, which was great for the kids. The main impression of the staff was that they were extremely friendly, helpful and knowlegable of the area. We rented bikes at the hotel, played tennis, and enjoyed ourselves. The only quibble we had was the poor condition of the matress on the sofabed. My 12 year old son wan not happy! Great value, otherwise.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed November 15, 2007

We have a 18 month old who will not sleep in a big bed, she needs a crib. We were going to bring our own porta-crib with us until not one but two different reservations staff at this resort assured me a crib would be waiting for us when we arrived. What a relief, one less thing to pack.. well of course the one thing I counted on was not there in the room when we arrived. It was almost her bedtime, she was tired and cranky and nowhere to sleep. I called the front desk and they said they would bring a crib. We waited 1/2 hour and nothing, we figured we would go out for dinner rather than sit there. We went to the restaurant and ate and on our way out I asked at the front desk if the crib had been brought to our room. The response I got was "there are no cribs available". Can you imagine how frustrating this was. Not at all what I wanted to deal with after a long day of air travel with a cranky toddler. They looked at me as if it was no big deal and there was nothing they could do. They finally did get us a crib from another property but it was way too late to make up for the frustration I experienced. With the cost of the rooms the least they could do is be organized and live up to a promise that was made over the phone by not overbooking their cribs, but it seemed that one hand didn't know what the other was doing. Since I am a stay-at-home Mom we splurged on this room and will be paying for it for months to come. It was very disappointing.
I called housekeeping and requested napkins or paper towels be brought to our room for the kitchen we had. The non-English-speaking staff brought me toilet paper and Kleenex.
We were woken up at 8am by housekeeping so if you don't get up early make sure you get a Do Not Disturb sign although I don't think they read them even if you have it out.
The pool at the villas was nice and the villa itself was very quiet and spacious. The landscaping and the villa buildings were well done. But the extreme negative experience I had is all that really sticks out when I think of this place.

• Liked — Desert landscaping
  • Disliked — Disorganization and lack of communication of staff
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
GMThatCares, General Manager at Carefree Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2007
As the General Manager I am very discouraged to read your review. The experiences you described are not indicative of the culture of our company or the way our staff is trained. But, what really bothered me most is that we let you down and didn't afford you the opportunity to enjoy your vacation. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally and perhaps have you back as my guest to enjoy the experiences you should have on your most recent trip. I know it's hard to believe in a world that moves fast with little interaction, but I'd love the opportunity to earn back your trust. And, I am very sorry we let you down! We truly do care!

Kind Regards,
Frank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carefree
Rancho Manana Resort
#1 of 3 in Cave Creek
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to Carefree Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!