“Simply Outstanding”

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my time, all over the world, and I'd put this place in my top 3 (along with the Marriott in Singapore and Serendipity Beach Resort on Koh Lipe, if you're interested).

What sets it apart, and this is true of all hotels that are worthy of high praise, is the staff. When all is said and done, the facilities in most high end hotels are pretty much the same. Extremely comfy bed, good quality soaps and shampoos in a well appointed bathroom, sizable room, great gym/spa/pool etc. The Boulders had all of that, as you would expect, but the staff went above and beyond all the time.

You valet park when you arrive, and there are golf buggies to take you to your room (and collect you when needed) and the guys at the valet and who drove you to your room really couldn't have been more helpful. We arrived (and kept coming back every day with more) with a lot of "stuff", and they were always happy to help us carry things up to the room.

The check-in experience was excellent, with a really friendly agent, and the lady who we had booked with came out to say hello and make sure we were OK. It's a simple touch, but it really made you feel welcomed.

The staff in the bar were great, and the food we had in the bar was excellent, as was the room service.

I honestly can't recommend this resort highly enough. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PaulMJohnson

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my family had a good experience at the Boulders Waldorf Astoria Resort in Carefree, AZ. Although it was a bit pricey, overall experience was good. I wish their breakfast buffet had a little more choices for vegetarians.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
TheBouldersCarefree, Manager at Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Viral J,

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! We glad that you had such a wonderful experience with your family at The Boulders. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and we will look into more options for our guest with dietary restrictions.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Looking for a wonderful escape? Try The Boulders resort. What a property! Wild life galore (watch out for the big rattle snakes), and a beautiful desert setting. The spa services were amazing as well as the serene spa itself. My husband and I have always wanted to see Arizona but were quite disappointed by Scottsdale and so glad that we chose The Boulders over The W Hotel which was our original choice. The vale guys were very helpful and super friendly and efficient. The front desk as well as the concierge desk were also very helpful at arranging outside tours and reservations. My husband and I don't golf but we were able to walk around the whole property on extensive paths and trails through the boulders. We enjoyed the sunset every night and the last night we were spoiled by a bucket of champaign and a beautiful setting sun! The rooms are amazing and everyone has a view of some sort...you pick. All our meals were taken at the main pool restaurant and were extremely enjoyable. We never had the same meal twice! Again the staff were very friendly and attentive without being claustrophobic as we were there in the off season. Without a doubt it was a very relaxing trip and we hope to return soon! If you need a cab as for Terry at Discount Cabs!

Room Tip: You need to decide if you want a long wide view of the distant mountains or a shorter view of the su...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Chrisl67_12,

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! We are so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your couples getaway here at The Boulders. We hope you enjoyed all we have to offer from our spacious Casitas to our world-class golf (even though you & your husband don't golf, we hope you enjoyed the views) to the Waldorf Astoria Spa and the many dining options we have on property.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

And it was worth the wait!! I went with a girlfriend for a girls spa weekend and it was heaven. The casitas are comfortable and cozy. The beds were great and we slept really well.
We spent most of our time at the spa; there is an adults only pool, where the service is excellent. It has an organic cafe where the food is varied and delicious.
We did use the spa services which were expensive, but very relaxing and we really felt they were worth the treat.
It is a sprawling resort. Most people use the golf cart shuttles that are available. But we had fun walking around the resort and exploring.
We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Have a look at the resort map and choose a room close to what you want to do at the resort.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had an exceptional experience at the Boulders. This property is among the finest I have ever stayed at. Thank you for an amazing experience to everyone on the Boulders team. Definitely check out this resort if you have the chance. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Food needs improvement! Dinner menu limited and boring. Mexican restaurant food too spicy and got stranded by shuttle bus driver, who picked up a couple and left me- woman alone late at night- behind due to restaurant staff not paying attention! Only good food was at main pool! Spa food pseudo Asian, poor and inconsiderate service. Room was spacious and comfortable, had a nice yoga class and massage at spa.
Overall,very pleased except for the food.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Boulders is a beautiful place to visit any time of year. Our family comes out several times each year for multi-generational gatherings. We love the spa and fitness classes. The golf is wonderful. My brother and son go to the driving range to hit buckets of balls. My mom loves the aqua-aerobics classes. The yoga studio is wonderful. My sister-in-law has lunch at the spa cafe every day. I can come for a week and never get in my car or leave the property, but it's also a wonderful base for heading out and exploring the greater Phoenix area and all its restaurants and vibrant art scene. I love this place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carefree
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!