Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The grounds are clean and the property is unique because of its location and the surrounding natural beauty. Everything was kept very clean during our stay and staff was excellent and helpful. The proximity to Scottsdale and Phoenix while being in a very suburban area was ideal for our trip. We would return to this property in the future without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The drive to the hotel from the entrance was picturesque, and was a good indicator of things to come. The hotel entry was more like a clubhouse than a hotel and felt very personal. A staff member shuttled us to the room, which was a very spacious casita, fully outfitted with bar, high end coffee machine, big screen tv, a private balcony bordering a golf green and much more. Fantastic experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I expected a bit more "WOW" factor than I got. There was nothing really exceptionally notable about this stay. The hotel is beautiful, the room was nice and clean. The restaurant was good. The service was good. But I just don't get the feeling that good is what they should be going for.

2  Thank Russell E
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Only stayed one night, but the hotel is meticulously maintained. Grounds are beautiful. I would definitely return to this property. Restaurant was not full, and would not seat us without a reservation (strange) so we had to eat in the bar which was not at all conducive to eating, but the food was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Beautiful Boulders
Sadly returned home after a perfect 14 night stay 28th May to 11th June…..

Our Villa:
We stayed in hacienda 521 and I have attached a few photos. It was comfortable, well decorated, exceptionally clean and very well equipped. 3 Bedrooms all with walk in closets and 3 Bathrooms. It was extremely spacious and offered plenty of privacy with a lovely outside seating/dining area. Every morning we had a newspaper on our doorstep. It was very easy to get around the resort and whilst you can telephone for a pickup we enjoyed walking.

Dining:
We ate at the resort numerous times, mostly at Palo Verde which we loved. Breakfast at Palo Verde was excellent. Great choice, reasonably priced and very tasty. Dinner was also very good there, well presented and a good selection. Lovely dining on the outside terrace.

We would like to thank Tony, Dave and Jay at Palo Verde for their help and making us feel very welcome. An extra special thanks to Bradley, we enjoyed our chats with him at breakfast and appreciated all the local advice he gave us.
All are a credit to The Boulders.

Spa:
The Spa is very beautiful - tranquil and perfect. We enjoyed the pool area, the cafe and the fitness classes.

I had a lovely pedicure with Diana who again was very helpful and even bought me in a book about the Desert wildlife the next day.

Missy at the Salon did my hair. She is amazing… I left my hair colour up to her and was thrilled with the results.

Golf:
Golf was the reason for our trip and the Boulders courses did not disappoint. They are both in superb condition and are very scenic. We only played them a couple of times because there are numerous other courses nearby that we wanted to explore.

Overall:
Boulders is a stunning resort with beautiful views, loads of wildlife and desert plants.
Yes some public areas are a little tired but everywhere is immaculate. All the staff we came across were very friendly and professional. Service really was exceptional and it seems that everyone really enjoys working there. We stayed at Four Seasons Troon North for 1 night before we went home and what a contrast, would never stay there again as it did not compare to the Boulders especially for service.

We found Boulders location perfect and very easy to get around with plenty of dining options a short drive away. We drove into Scottsdale most days either for golf or to explore the shops.

We absolutely LOVED The Boulders and hope to return next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillianDamir
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Today is my first day back from vacation, and my heart is still somewhere in those giant Boulders. I cannot speak for the golf course, but I will say my spouse played two rounds and thoroughly enjoyed himself. (The word spectacular has been used repeatedly here, but it's suitable.) We dined in several of the restaurants -- Palo Verde, Bogeys, the Spotted Donkey, and I can vouch for room service as well. All had excellent food, served professionally in beautiful surroundings. The grounds could not be lovelier, and our casita was, if not perfect, as close to it as will ever be achieved in this lifetime. One can hardly blame The Boulders for the pesky woodpecker that decided our chimney was the perfect location for target practice every morning at 5:30. Every person who works at the resort seems to take personal pride in taking care of the guests. I cannot remember a better stay -- even though I had to work while I was there. (At least I got to enjoy my surroundings and could go and enjoy myself later when I got my tasks completed.) And did I say we got a great package deal! All the better.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed last week. Everything was perfect. We look forward to a return visit. The golf courses were immaculate, green, clean and challenging, but fair. The spa was quiet and restful. The restaurants kept us more than satisfied. The rooms were large with a sitting area, and the surrounding grounds were naturally desert landscaped. The bell staff and golf staff were outstanding. I cannot think of a better resort experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carefree
Troon North
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Been to Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!