“Serenity & Pampering”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carefree
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Serenity & Pampering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the resort for one night before a business conference at another 5 star resort. From the time of booking through checkout the staff was amazing. The concierge arranged travel and monitored my needs throughout my stay. The casita was warm and inviting with a wood burning fireplace to set the stage for a peaceful rainy evening indoors. I visited the golden door spa and found an organic yet luxurious oasis that most spas only pay lip service too. Though I am a frequent traveler for both personal and business, and read trip advisor reviews to influence my decisions, this property is the only one thus far to inspire my review. Highly recommended and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Shannon L, Marketing Coordinator at Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment with your fellow tripadvisor reviewers! We are glad that we were able to make your visit to The Boulders and the Waldorf Astoria Spa so relaxing.

Thank you again and we hope to see you at The Boulders again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although the weather was not perfect, everything else about the experience was. It was a cold rainy day so we took to the Spa & Fitness facility and managed to spend an entire day... breakfast, workout, yoga, lounge and ending with delightfully relaxing spa services. The staff is exceptional. The grounds are amazing. oh! and a wood burning fireplace in your room to relax and melt into. I couldn't ask for much more (except maybe some sun).

If you like to be treated like a high class resident, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Rent a car if you're in from out of town so you can venture out to near by towns and hikes.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracyggggg
Farmington, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at the Boulders for 3 nights at the end of January 2013 and while the weather was cold the staff was warm and welcoming. From the first greeting at the gate to check out at 6:45 am the staff were amazing! The property itself is beautiful with the casitas scattered throughout the rocks and the golf course meandering through the hotel everywhere you look is gorgeous.We were upgraded to a Sonoran Casita from my gold Honors level and the room was large and welcoming,a wood burning fireplace,Large walk in shower,soaking tub and nice patio view completed the experience. I didnt get to golf but talking to some who had and seeing the course I will play next time. The Boulders will be my new Phoenix hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Reserved a villa for a golf trip. Was promised 2 King beds, but bedroom #2 was 2 twins shoved together. Asked for a DVR to be put in room so I could record something while playing golf. They couldn't/wouldn't do it!
As to golf, the staff is great. Range is very good. The North course is good. South course is not. Marshall allowed very slow play in front of us.
Too many good alternatives to ever go back to Boulders again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank PlC39
Shannon L, Marketing Coordinator at Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

On behalf of the entire Boulders Team we extend our sincere apologies for the disappointments you encountered during your stay. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are truly sorry we let you down.

Thank you for your candid and valuable feedback. All issues, you and your guests, incurred are being reviewed and addressed with our associates. We would be most grateful to have the opportunity to welcome your return and demonstrate the improvements you have inspired.

Once again, we apologize for the shortcoming you experienced and thank you for your constructive comments.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently spent three nights at the Boulders for a brief getaway. We we very pleased with the check in procedure, valets and our Castita which was spacious and very comfortable. The resort was quiet and unfortunately (no fault of the Boulders) extremely cold, 19 degrees one morning with frost on the ponds and fountains. We did manage to play golf (it warmed up to high 40's during the day) at both on site courses which were both beautiful and challenging. We did check out the spa, outdoor hot tub (yes even in the cold) and enjoyed the workout facility. The restaurant next to he gym was awesome and super accommodating to food allergies. Amazingly good breakfasts. We also had literally some if the best room service I've ever had. (The room with its fireplace was so cozy it was hard to leave). We would definitely stay and play at the Boulders again. I think this resort is best suited for golfers and/ or couples looking for a quiet tranquil place to relax. Probably not as well suited for singles, families with small children or people looking for a lot of action or activity, but for us it was bliss!

Room Tip: Older travelers who may have difficulty walking would probably want to be closer to the main lobby...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lambertville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here twice, once with my husband on a golf/anniversary week trip and once with my sister on a spa weekend. Both times our stay was perfect. The grounds are beautiful, the golf course is amazing, tje spa is first class and the rooms are exceptional. We didn't eat any meals here other than breakfast, because of the wonderful restaurants in the area, but I cannot imagine another resort in the area that could be any better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy J
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I make a point to visit every summer due to the discounts given to Arizona residents. Truly lives up to its five star rating. The grounds are amazing, the location is sublime and the service is second to none!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carefree
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#16 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,127 reviews

Been to Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!