My wife and I have had the good fortune to travel extensively for the past 20 years. We have stayed in some of the finest hotels and resorts in the world and The Boulders is at the very top of our list.
Everything works at The Boulders starting with the setting and location in and around giant million year old boulders, some bigger than my house. The grounds are immaculate. We never spotted a cigarette butt or debris of any sort. The rooms are individual casitas. Some have better views than others but each is very large and comfortable. Great king bed, two large leather easy chairs with ottoman, small desk, good lighting and outdoor furniture. There is a working wood burning fireplace with the wood and starter supplied and restocked daily if you use it. There is a Big functional bathroom with double sinks and jetted bath with a separate shower. There is plenty of storage along with a handy walk-in closet. A new 46 in. Flat screen TV and good A/C and ceiling fan finish off the perfect resort room.
We played both golf courses and thoroughly enjoyed them. This property is one of the nation's top rated golf resorts. I can't imagine a better one. The courses were in impeccable condition and the scenery was distracting. What a great golf experience.
Lastly a work about service. The best of the best. It didn't matter whether it was in a restaurant, or ordering a receiving room service, or asking for your car, or interacting with the golf staff, it was always very good and very friendly.
It seems like I've left out some stuff that you should know. But know this: It really doesn't get any better than The Boulders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a secluded haven amid the natural splendor of painted desert sand, towering cacti, and clear, blue sky - The Boulders. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boulders, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Carefree
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Carefree
- The Boulders Resort And Golden Door Spa
- Boulders Resort
- The Boulders Resort Luxury
- Boulder Arizona