“Dinner at the Bar”
Review of Carefree Station Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Carefree Station Grill & Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An award winning, casual, upscale restaurant in the heart of Carefree that boasts four unique dining areas. The Garden, BevHeaven "rooftop",the Atrium, and the Dining Room with 3 fireplaces. The "Cheers" style bar is large enough to bring friends but friendly enough to never be a stranger. Home to a 300 item, eclectic wine list where you can find some of the worlds highest rated, small production wines, to the finest spirits and beers in the world. At the bars you will find that only the best get to BevHeaven! With all that Carefree Station has to offer, the most exciting aspect of it all is the food. Globally inspired cuisine, big & bold flavors with an emphasis on Southwestern. Great steaks, the freshest seafood are offered in regular and petite sizes for all appetites. Even the housemade desserts are offered in a bite sized option. Dishes are prepared with the freshest ingredients with great care and artful presentation. Seem too good to be true, after 9 years and getting better!
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We sat at the Bar where the chief was preparing all the appetizers. WOW! It was exciting talking with the chief and watching how he prepared everything. We were a party of 4 and had a blast.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Please try the masa tortilla - they revolutionize the taco. The choice of beers and tequilas is beyond belief- educational and delectable. Tacos were the best. Fresh, yummy food in a kind atmosphere; an oasis in the desert. Have fun. The best part is Ho and Hum road. What else do you need?

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ate my birthday lunch here on 10/4. Have only been here once before and that was a holiday. The place was packed and they were obviously understaffed. Not a good experience. Ate in the courtyard yesterday. It was lovely and a very pleasant setting. The Manager greeted us and we were seated. We waited and waited and waited - just to be acknowledged. We finally flagged down the Manager and were given menus and water. This wonderful young man took excellent care of us during our visit and I can't say enough good things about his personality, attention to service and genuine concern. He looked quite distressed when we indicated that we had not been recognized after being seated. The courtyard was not crowded and I saw two waitresses, which should have been sufficient for the amount of people dining at that time. My daughter-in-law did remark that the service is usually bad , but you come for the food. They obviously have an excellent Chef because the food was excellent. I had a Monte Cristo with a side salad and sweet potato fries. My daughter-in-law had the RWG burger and a side salad. We shared and were both more than satisfied with our choices. The burger was done perfectly and the house dressing on the salad was light and slightly peppery. Kudos to the Chef, who incidentally brought out the meals for an adjacent table? The wine selection is more than adequate and we enjoyed a delightful Pinot Grigio from Oregon (my favorite). From watching some of the other tables, it would appear that they experienced similar issues with the attentiveness of the wait staff. You should not have to ask for additional water! The two waitresses on duty appeared to not be totally interested in providing service. Thank goodness for Brock, the Manager. He provided us with complimentary desserts (Yum). That, friends, is what good service is all about. We did leave a 20% gratuity and I hope that didn't go to the two lackluster servers (Managers, generally are not permitted to take gratuities). Brock, you're the shining star in my opinion at the Carefree Station. I would certainly go to the Station again, but trust me I would demand good service. I have rated the service "poor", but that is not a reflection on Brock!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My spouse and I came upon this restaurant four yrs ago in our touring of AZ, and it was our first experience w/Chicken Tortilla Soup. We had a great experience then, so it was on our "must do" list for our trip out West again 2 weeks ago. We again ate in the Courtyard which was beautiful. The food was great w/both of our dealings, and the service quite good. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Excellent meal and first rate wine list. I knocked off one star as the vegetables could have been better - just courgettes, which are generally tasteless and I consider a lazy chef's option (others may like them). We sat in the courtyard which has a lovely atmosphere.