“Loved the Ahi Tuna”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carefree Highway and Scottsdale Road
Description: Palo Verde's Chef Winters introduces a contemporary southwestern-inspired menu, featuring unique and exciting new creations. Paired with pastry chef, Chef Keith's innovative taste for sweets, the combination of creative fulfillment and flavor leaves everyone wanting more. Enjoy the views of the serene Duck Pond for breakfast daily or for dinner as you dine under the stars.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently stayed at The Boulders resort. While we were there I had lunch at Palo Verde once and my husband and I had breakfast together as well. At lunch I had the sashimi ahi tuna served with a fantastic light dressing. The fresh tuna was cooked to order and came out exactly the way I wanted! Who knew, way out in the desert, that was possible? At breakfast my husband had huevos rancheros that looked to die for, but I opted for the yogurt and fruit parfait. My healthy alternative was still very delicious. Of course they still offered a lot of more-traditional fare. The service was very good and the restaurant itself is quite lovely. All in all, it is an excellent dining experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was good and better than the average resort meals. Staff was helpful and quick to provide good service.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This past Monday evening my wife & I along with another couple decided to have dinner at the Palo Verde restaurant at the Boulders. Never haven eaten there we did not know what to expect although we believed it would be good because it was a Waldorf Astoria property. We were not disappointed either. Sitting on the patio before sunset was great. The patio was in the shade & the views spectacular. After ordering wine the four of us ordered dinner & it was varied. Everyone thought their food was very good & actually better than expected. I only give it a four rating as I'm a tough grader & my wife a gourmet cook --- I'm sure many people not familiar with Phoenix/Scottsdale restaurants would give it a five. No real complaints & we would definitely eat at the Palo Verde again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food and service was fine. We had the place to ourselves at 6pm since we were still on east coast time.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our dinner at Palo Verde was thoroughly enjoyable. The shaded, outdoor patio was a beautiful location with pretty views. The patio area is relatively small, which keeps the noise level down and makes the experience a tranquil one. (So if it's high energy that you want, this is not the place!)

The food was delicious and prepared with the creativity one would expect from a high quality restaurant. The salmon was especially good with a light cream sauce and served over a bed of green vegetables and mushrooms. The fish was very fresh, perfectly cooked, and piping hot.

Service was prompt and professional. All in all, we had a lovely dinner and wouldn't change a thing about it.