“Expected more for the money.”

Alberto Italian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 29 Restaurants in Carefree
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: owned and operated by Alberto Liani, it is a small (11 table) restaurant in Carefree, Arizona (near the Boulders Resort). He formerly operated a restaurant in Beverly HIlls and it is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten in. he prepares all of his food (even the bread) from scratch. Telephone Number is 480-488-5800
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Weekday dinner visit. Second time here. First visit was ok, thought I'd give it a second try. First visit had ravioli and sausage side. Ravioli was very good, sausage way to salty and dry. Other guest had lasagna that was reported good. Recent visit I had spaghetti pescadora, red sauce. Sauce seemed old and dry. Some of the seafood seemed fresh and other older and dry. Crab was very stringy and exceptionally small. Most was not worth taking the time to crack open. Other guest had Cesar salad and broschutto. Nothing special. Atmosphere was dated but clean. Owners were very nice and attentive. Other staff members did no interact much. With 3 glasses of wine, bill was nearly $100. Much to high for an ok experience.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I recommend this restaurant to eat special italian food with Alberto and his staff always kind and professional.
See you soon...

2  Thank Cristiano C
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We decided to try Alberto's even though the reviews were mixed. We were met at the door by Alberto and he was our waiter. We had a terrific time and the food was outstanding. I requested something that wasn't on the menu and left it up to the chef how it was prepared. I was not disappointed. My wife had a pasta with a hot red sauce and she loved it. We will go back again for sure.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were not sure because some reviews were not good but we also know that people can be very finicky and that I like places which others do not. Friends recommended it so we went with them. All four had different meals and all four were happy. I had the chicken lasagne which was a special and I had a nice vegetable soup with beans in it. My wife had a steak. The place was nice and clean It had a wood fire oven for pizza. The place was bright and cheery and the atmosphere was of a family run business with the owner talking to us and other staff very attentive. The restaurant is in a touristy type area with an old fashioned western feel.

1  Thank PaulAlberta
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Alberto and his staff are wonderful. The food, wine and atmosphere made you feel you were in a restaurant in Italy. This was our second time to the restaurant in less than a month and were just as impressed as our first visit!

1  Thank TheresaZavodny