“Nice local restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Came here for dinner last saturday. I had the tortellini & it was very good. Was not too heavy & the amount of serving was just right. Calamari was also good.

The next time we are out this way again, we would definitely come back & try other dishes.

There are newer reviews for Giordano's Trattoria Romana Restaurant

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had a ball here with girlfriends - authentic Italian in such a beautiful area. Of course we shared our meals; great marsala and a rich red sauce. I was surprised how busy it was for August when most Arizona's are up North!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were warmly welcomed into this quaint restaurant. The actual menu is better and bigger than the online menu. We started with calamari, which was tender and the sauce was yummy. The lasagna was very good and the red table wine went very well with the meal. The desserts were beautiful. I would try this place again.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband & I were craving Italian food & we had heard of Giordano's from friends so we decided to check it out and we were definitely not disappointed. Everything was terrific! The veal was delicious, there is a great selection of wine and the service was very friendly! We would highly recommend Giordano's to anyone looking for a wonderful Italian restaurant that happens to be family owned!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband I recently ate at Giordano's Trattoria Romana Restaurant in Carefree, Arizona. What a wonderful treat! This restaurant is family owned by the nicest Italian family, The Giordano's. Adele, the mama, is a very warm and friendly presence in the restaurant and will personally greet every table if not serve you herself. Her son, Anthony, does it all! He is the greeter, server, bus boy, and wine steward. He's the real thing and so is the restaurant. It is located in a quaint strip mall off the heart of the main drag in Carefree, an upscale neighborhood. Our first impression upon walking in was how relaxed and happy the atmosphere was. These people truly appreciated us coming to dine in their restaurant. We were seated immediately and presented with an extensive wine menu. We went with their recommendation of Chianti that was delicious! We started with appetizers of fried calamari and mussels. I've never had calamari cooked so delicately. It was fantastic. And the mussels were steamed perfectly. There's nothing better than dipping garlic bread in the sauce after the mussels are gone! My husband and I split the spinach salad which we both enjoyed. I ordered their "famous" Osso Bucco. I consider myself a gourmet cook and have made Osso Bucco at home. Mine can't compete with this mouth watering; fall off the bone piece of meat. The presentation was beautiful and if you've heard the saying "my eyes were bigger than my stomach" then you've seen this work of art. (The leftovers were just as amazing the next day for dinner and once again, I didn't have to cook!). My husband had a special request that wasn't on the menu but the items were. He requested a seafood combination in an alfredo sauce made with shrimp, mussels, and their fish of the day. They were more than happy to accommodate his wishes and he was thrilled with the meal they brought. His eyes were NOT bigger than his stomach! He ate every last bite. For dessert, we had the tiramisu. I've had tiramisu at other Italian restaurants but nothing this light and decadent. If you want a wonderful meal, set in a homey, friendly restaurant that will pamper you but let you enjoy a romantic evening, come to this extraordinary family owned restaurant. And you can enjoy the views of beautiful Carefree coming and leaving this establishment.