“Just OK”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carefree Highway & Scottsdale Road
Description: Nestled in the heart of The Boulders and overlooking the 18th and 19th greens; The Grill offers an elegant, yet casual setting for an exceptional dining experience. From the Calamari Fritti, Maple Leaf Farms Smoked Duck to the Zinfandel Braised Short Ribs and Cedar Smoked Salmon with Parmesan Pearled Couscous, you will truly feel the passion and love that Chef Martin puts into each of his creations.
Arizona
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Seems our experience was different from many of the other posts. We went to The Grill for an anniversary dinner, and perhaps our expectations were too high. For the price, and given that the restaurant was not busy at all, the service was poor. Our server was very young, and his earnestness just translated to undue obseqiousness. Was very slow on the lttle things you expect in a higher quality establishment, such as bringing the steak knives at the time the entrees are served (instead of 2-3 minutes afterwards), and absent on some big things, like coming back to check after the meals have been served to see that everything's OK. On the food side, the filet was very well cooked (perfectly medium rare), but was oddly lacking in flavor. The mashed potatoes were almost cold, and the asparagus was just on the edge of being overcooked. My wife had the ribs, and they were very good but were just drowned in barbecue sauce. So, in all, not what we were hoping for. Probably won't be back to this retaurant.

3 Thank PHX100

Timonium, Maryland
“The Grill”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great breakfast before golf. Dinner was awesome too and very cozy and romantic in front of the fireplace. Fun for happy hour too.

Visited January 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Attentive service in golf clubhouse restaurant”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We'd made a reservation for dinner, so the staff called us by name throughout dinner - part of the Waldorf Astoria customer service approach, I think. Shelah at reception was incredibly friendly, and both Elyssa and Justin took great care of us. We had the prix fixe dinner which was a great value for this otherwise spendy place (glass of house wine, starter, main, and dessert). The duck tamale starter was tasty, and both the salmon over warm vegetable slaw and roast chicken dinner were perfectly cooked. Dessert included choice of creme brulee and dark chocolate torte cake - we had both and loved them. The only minor disappointment was that they didn't package up my entire plate leftovers when I asked for a "to go" box - I only got the salmon and none of the vegetables or other sides. Still, we enjoyed the sunset view of the golf course and the leisurely pace of service and agreed we would return.

• Visited January 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great food and staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had dinner here three times. The food was great and I really enjoyed the staff. I hardly felt like I was eating alone! I loved the little triangles that came in the bread basket...Best ever little treats and the chef told me how to make them though I haven't tried it at home yet.

Visited November 2012
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“Golf course amazing, grill disappointing”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As we waited for a frost delay, we went in for 3 special coffees, 2 regular coffees, 2 glasses of orange juice and one order of toast. I told my group I would take care of this and pulled out $40.00 thinking that should cover it.....The bill came to $70.00 and they included a 20% gratutity with below average service....hmmm. After an incredible experience on the golf course, we considered going for lunch somewhere else but thought we'd give it another try so we met our wives and kids for lunch but were surprised how poor the lunch experience was too. The staff, atmosphere and prices were disappointing in the restaurant and really hope they can improve this because it is such a beautiful place.

Visited January 2013