“OMG- best place ever”

Waldorf Astoria Spa
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Carefree
More attraction details
Owner description: Restore your body and mind at the Waldorf Astoria Spa. Our 33,000-square-foot spa offers stimulating revitalization through the art of massage, therapeutic baths, and refreshing treatments. Beautifully infused with ingredients from the desert environment, treatments created over 50 years expertly applied. Before and after your treatment, unwind in locker rooms that instill a heightened sense of peace. Lounge and detoxify in steam rooms, saunas, and the O'furo, a traditional Japanese bath. Allow time for meditation in our signature labyrinth. Sip a rejuvenating drink in our circular tea room, while enjoying vibrant desert vistas. Recline alongside the heated swimming pool nestled against ancient boulders.
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“OMG- best place ever”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Buy a lottery ticket or remortage the house and get yourself to the Boulders, it's amazing- and expensive.
The spa pool is lovely, the setting and landscaping beautiful. Very helpful staff especially Jeff driving the carts. I had a casita the size of a small house and loved the log fire laid every day. I didn't have any additional treatments due to the cost but didn't feel I missed out

Visited February 2013
2 Thank 171111

Chicago, Illinois
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Facility is terrific, services are above average”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a great spa, the cafe, the gym, the pool and just the general environment are all top notch. I have had some really great services here over time but also some that were closer to average. Overall it is a great spot, but if you are there for a service only you could be slightly disappointed considering their price point.

Visited March 2013
Morristown, Arizona
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“I love my spa experiences here & continue to return”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My first visit here was just great. I love the niwas with great steam room, soaking tub, sauna, showers & tea room. It is truly relaxing & well done. The waiting area before your treatments is a beautiful sun room where you can relax indoors or outdoors taking in the view of the rocks. I love the fresh vegetable snacks & dried fruit offered. The spa services here have been impressive. Yes, they have a price tag to them, but is a splurge that you will not be disappointed in.
My first visit here I was booked with a massage, then an aurevedic treatment the next day. During my 2nd day treatment, I decided to add on another treatment then another...I was in such bliss of pamperedness that I didn't want to leave! I have visited the area again & continue to go back for the Thai massage...wow...Anyway, I have had a few different types of services here & have been really impressed by them all.
I will also mention that the fitness classes offered are top notch. The instructors are excellent, rooms well equipped & the classes well done.
I plan on visiting the spa as much as my time/budget will allow & highly recommend a visit here wether you are staying at the resort or nearby.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kellie Z
San Francisco, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Typical spa”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very expensive for a satisfactory but perfunctory massage. Need to take a shuttle to get there. More crowded than resort because the public can access it.

Visited January 2013
Shannon L, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Waldorf Astoria Spa we are truly sadden by your less than favorable experience and regret the disappointments you encountered. The 33,000 square foot spa provides pampering and renewed energy including many relaxing amenities. We thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.
Montague
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“One year later, still the best spa experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I returned to the Golden Door Spa at the Boulders after one year because my experience last year was so wonderful. Once again, I am grateful to these folks for providing such a fabulous afternoon. Aaron gave the second best massage of my life; the best was last year's because it was the first! And the staff at the cafe were so kind in making me feel comfortable and relaxed. The minted fresh lemonade is the perfect drink after a work out or a massage. Many massage and spa experiences are expensive and turn out to be so so. One often regrets spending the money on such things. But this was truly an excellent value, expensive and worth every penny. I plan to return on my next trip to Phoenix.

Visited December 2012