“Beautiful and unique art”
Review of Venues Cafe

Venues Cafe
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Carefree
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hum Road
Transit: Wild West Shuttle offers pick up and drop off at our location.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I went for wine and lunch. The mussels were very nice, not one bad one. A lot of times restaurants don't serve mussels fresh. All food is made to order!! That's a plus.
The chicken salad in a wrap was fantastic. Lynn our server was so very nice.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

A group of 5 went on sat 12/8. The specialty cocktails were ok...not as festive as they were billed on the bill of fare. 3 of our party ordered burgers and they looked huge w/a bountiful pile of fries & dill pickle. however, the seafood pasta was rather skimpy and pricey. Ordered the crab cake appetizer for dinner and there were TWO teeny tiny 'cakes' (the smallest seen on earth) and charged $13.95 (that 'burger/fries combo' was only $10.95!!!) ...but it did have a cherry tomato, sliced in half and placed on 2 corners w/a tiny dollop of sauce in the other 2 corners....we have been to other restaurants and ordered similar meals for 1/2 the price and better value. Cant think of a reason to go back, unless the 'burger' is ordered. i was starved an hr later!!!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Food was terrible for the price. I ordered the MahiMahi taco's and my husband ordered the Jumbo Sea Scallops. The fish tacos, had hardly any fish and the fish that was on it, tasted very old and fishy, ( freezerburn) ( it was not fresh fish)YUCK!. The jumbo Sea Scallops were rubbery and not very jumbo. That order took almost 40 minutes to get and it wasn't very busy. They charged us an additional $2.50 to split a wedge salad that already cost $9.95. We sent back our food and ordered a hamburger and split that and they charged us an additional $ 2. 50 to cut a hamburger in half, and the waitress stated I could have a side with the hamburger, I ordered a side salad ( We don't eat carbs, so I didn't order the fries) it was an additional $ 2.00 upcharge. At no point in time did the waitress ever tell us about any of the split plate fees or upcharges. So for a split hamburger, a split wedge salad and 2 waters, we paid $29.12. What a rip off!! and we sat there for almost 2 hours.

1  Thank Susanne B
Reviewed September 28, 2012

OK, so we just moved to town and are trying to support local businesses and find good places. Tonights excursion was Venues Cafe in Carefree AZ. The facility is a standout architecturally and within sight of the famous 'Sundial" in the town center's main shopping district. Beautiful wood, stone, pottery and pictures surround amply sized hammered copper tabletops. Warm and cozy is what you feel. The stone wall and marble oblisque behind the bar are stunning. The staff are warm, cordial and very friendly. The owners however, only seem to frequent those whom they know. I would have figured new faces, let's go introduce ourselves. No such luck even when our server's cork puller broke off in the bottle, no one showed up to say anything. My wife ordered the basil chicken linguine which she reported as average. I had the Red Snapper special with tomato and cilantro chutney, chefs veggies (onions, peppers, summer squash and yellow squash) and jasmine rice. The fish was simply scrumptious. For desert we shared the espresso gelato which was intensely espresso (if that's a word!). There is a nice unpretentious wine list with very favorable pricing from which we chose the Arizona Stronghold (Cochise County) "Dala" Chardonnay to compliment our meal. All in all, not too bad. But alas, there is some bad to report unfortunately. As you approach the patio seating area on the sidewalk, you will notice that the patio boasts a sign stating that this area is "dog friendly" and that's fine. One would naturally assume that that does not apply to indoor seating. WRONG ! After being seated, ordering and beginning to enjoy our wine and dinner rolls, another couple was seated adjacent to us along with their "service" dog - a small poodle about 9 inches at the shoulder complete with state issued ID card attached to his cute little puppy sweater in plain view. (I'd love to see this animal assist someone crossing the street - his legs were so short that it would take 10 minutes to cross!) Now, I'm a conscientious pet owner and both my wife and I are disabled, but in every instance that I've ever seen a "service animal" in an establishment (especially where ever food preparation and consumption are involved, the animals are quite well behaved belying their expert training and preparation to serve in this roll. That was not the case here. This animal was begging and jumping on the owners **and** my wife. One of the restaurant staff then appeared with a double water/food dish for the animal and placed it between my wife and the pet owner. The animal then slobbered up water and was fed from the table throughout the couples dinner. Of course, all of the staff and owners just love the little thing and made a fuss over him the entire evening. After they left, my wife mentioned it to our server who summoned her manager. She apologized and indicated that if that ever happens again that she would be most happy to **reseat us in a different location**. Somehow I found that disconcerting and somewhat offensive. Needless to say, because of this lackadaisical attitude we will not likely be back.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We love to go to Venues. Chef Thomas has some great specials along with the other goodies on the menu. Great champagne brunch! Lots of drink specials especially for women who love wine. Music on the weekend is always fun with a single singer or a duo. Definetly reccommend.