“a nice stop while traveling”

Cameron Trading Post Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Cameron
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant located at the trading post, is a good place to stop when traveling near the Grand Canyon in AZ. The menu features the expected fare of burgers, sandwiches salads and some more local items featuring a number of Navajo specialties. The service is good and they are friendly folks. Some mexican items and Southwestern items as well are included on the menu. Some of the portions are big enoughto share if you are not real hungry.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped here after leaving the GC and heading to Monument Valley. We had no choice as this seemed it be the only restaurant around so our expectations were low. We were pleasantly surprised! Our server was a pleasant young man who gladly shared Navajo culture with us. We ordered the Navajo Taco and they were huge and delicious. They were served on traditional fry bread, a first for us. Prices were reasonable. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Outstanding restaurant. Gave a variety of Southwester & Navajo fare. Also had considerations marked for vegetarian & gluten free meals. Excellent wait staff. Beautiful surroundings & views. Beautiful display of Navajo Art within the Resturant

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Since I am from San Antonio, arguably the taco capital of Texas, I had to try the Navajo taco and it was impressive. The thing arrives on its own plate with its own zip code; I mean this "taco" is huge! I felt like Adam Richman was going to jump out any minute though and challenge me to finish the whole thing in less than an hour!
I did actually finish the taco and have to say that the fry bread was great, a little greasy, but great! The taco rather reminded me of a cross between a huge flat puffy taco topped with the ingredients from a burrito - plenty of lettuce (a whole head of iceberg I think), meat, beans cheese, tomatoes, all good. Wish I would have had a little guacamole and pico de gallo though. . . perfect!!! I would trade some wampum for this grub anytime!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an interesting stop if you are into Native American culture. The restaurant had a nice view, large seating area with expensive rugs and baskets. The service is fast with ordering, but slow on getting the food - maybe due to tour bus crowds. Food is alittle pricy, but no sales tax. If you are into fry bread, then stop here. It is dinner plate size. Too doughty for me and i even had the grilled one. One bite was enough. Had the chile, not much taste, has to spice it up at the table. Came without onion - had to request them. The club looked good and a healthy portion of fries. Stop if you cannot make it to Flagstaff or Kanab, where the selections are alot more.