“Cameron Trading Post: An Oasis”

Cameron Trading Post Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Cameron
Cuisines: American, Indian, Southwestern, Native American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Cameron Trading Post: An Oasis”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Cameron Trading Post makes a wonderful "pit stop" in an area without many services. Be sure to stroll in the small garden behind the older buildings. Food is adequate and filling. Fry bread -- delicious. The regular Navajo Taco is platter-sized, though. The mini-size Navajo Taco is more than enough for one person.

• Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Holt, Michigan
“Good food - Exceptional service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the hotel and ate dinner here twice. The food was very good and the service was exceptional. Even though the restaurant was always packed, we didn't have to wait long to get a table or be served our meal. The Navajo Stew is a must try and the bread that comes with it is yummy with honey on it!

Visited September 2012
“Don't order a prime rib steak in the restaurant!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I ordered a medium prime rib steak at a little over $22 and I enjoyed my salad prior to my meal. My steak was served with a jus and baked potato. I tried to cut the steak, which immediately bent the fork as the steak was dry, tough, burned all around the edges and certainly not medium as I had requested.

After complaining, they brought another "prime rib" but two thirds of it was nothing but fat and gristle!! I had a few bites of the baked potato and two or three bites from the centre of the steak, which again bent yet another fork!! This steak again, was inedible. .

When I got the bill, they charged me half price and said I could have a "free desert" which I declined. They said they billed me half price because I had "eaten the salad and some baked potato"!!

I am from England and thought British customer service was bad!!! Being from England, i know all about poor quality steaks. Both the "prime rib" at the Cameron Trading Post and the service was BAD!!!

1 Thank CaroleSandra
Phoenix, Arizona
“one of our favorites!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really hesitate to write this - don't want to find it too crowded the next time we go!

This is a great stopping place on the way south to Flagstaff/Phoenix or if you are coming from the Grand Canyon via the East road. The restaurant is filled with gorgeous Navajo rugs hanging on the walls.
The staff and food are great, service is friendly and excellent. This visit we had Navajo stew, a rich flavored broth served with fry bread. We are particularly fond of the fry bread and always get some to go home with.

Our last visit a week ago included a short wait for a table - tour buses were there. Though the staff was swamped with customers, I never felt as though we were rushed through our meal. The food was excellent, hot, and nicely presented.

Bring your appetite - they don't serve skimpy portions and the prices are reasonable.

Thank you again to the staff - we had another great meal & visit!

• Visited September 2012
Middlewich
“Cameron Trading Post restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had to visit here as our grandson is named Cameron. There was a slight wait to be seated as it was lunch time. However once seated we were attended to very quickly. Food was excellent and plentiful.The decor and ambience added to the enjoyment of our visit.

• Visited August 2012