“Lots here so allow time”

Cameron Trading Post
$144.32*
Grand Canyon and Navajo Indian Reservation
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Cameron
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is nice place to shop and buy some authentic area items, but watch what you buy. There is a lot to look at - souveniers, jewely, decorating items, food, maps, Native American pieces and lots more. There is a gas station next door. There is a motel on site and nice place to talk a walk along the nearby river. There is a full service restaurant next to the store. Prices vary.

There are newer reviews for Cameron Trading Post

Reviewed June 12, 2013

An amazing Trading Post showcasing Navajo Art, Jewelry, Pottery & much more. Friendly staff, amazing items, large assortment. Items were well packaged to travel & ship. Prices & variety for every budget.

1  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Cameron Trading post has a Post Office dining room, gallery and restrooms. It also has the most impressive souvenir store I have every seen selling everything from cactus candy to fairly decent jewellery. Very informative Navajo staff who don't "hard sell" and give you time to choose. Check out the old bridge too. Nice stop between Flagstaff and Page/Monument Valley

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stopped at Cameron in the Navajo Nation on our way from the Grand Canyon to Flagstaff. I had read how nice this modern day version of the old Cameron trading post was and the huge store here did not disappoint. Granted, there was a lot of touristy stuff thrown in for sale that you see everywhere else. But the lovely handmade items such as woven rugs, turquoise and silver jewelry and Katchina dolls were wonderful. I purchased a huge turquoise ring, mounted on heavy sterling silver and signed by the local artist for much less that similar rings were going for back in Phoenix. Hubby bought some very detailed and colorful Katchina dolls for gifts and for display back home in his office. The prices and selections at Cameron are very reasonable, so don't make your purchases in the cities, tourist towns or Grand Canyon shops. Go to Cameron instead, a nice stop to stretch your legs and to spend some time and cash.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

If you want to purchase a nice piece of jewelry, you cannot do better than here. I could have spent hours in here. I was not told though till I returned to my lovely B & B (to be fair my hosts did not know I was going to Cameron) they asked if I had bartered for a better price for myself. So you could give that a try, wish I had.
Lovely Indian Authentic goods.
I actually purchased two sets of Silver earnings as presents for grandaught and two silver necklaces for my daughters.