“wanted to write a nice review”
Review of Lodge on the River

Lodge on the River
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Reviewed September 8, 2013

when we checked in they initially had our reservation wrong; I almost had to get my reservation info out of the car. got to our non-smoking room and smelled smoke immediately. my husband and I both use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea...we couldn't find a find an electrical socket anywhere near the bed; we had to call the front desk to get an extension cord and the woman at the desk didn't even know if they had one, but she finally found one. the bed was uncomfortable. and I would swear that I saw a few small bugs...yuk!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Charge for ice? Who does that with a $90.00 room. Does not even offer a King Bed. What place does not have a king? Dirty walls and dirty carpet and dirty chairs a person does not even want to touch. Out dated everthing from furniture to tv's to showers and curtains. Was instructed to not touch the heating or cooling in room as it may not work if I make a slight adjustment. Allows all kind of trailers etc to obstruct the parking lot. Will never stay here again.

States a non smoking property and find a half smoked cigarette in the room. Tells you something about house keeping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DAVID W
Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was a nice hotel. Very good price, so we didn't expect much. Yet it was decent and clean. The rooms are not really big but it's good enough, there was a funny smell but not unbearable. The pool location is amazing, you are right by the Colorado! No breakfast but you can go to different fast food restaurants in a walking distance. (We are avoiding fast food as much as possible, but Black Bear Dinner was actually not too bad!)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marjorie z
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is a very basic motor lodge close to the airport. It was perfect for my needs on this stay and a great price for a Saturday stay when the hotels across the river were charging ridiculous rates because of the weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank sincityrider
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this property around 3 years ago and just loved it. Wish I could say the same this time around. There seemed to be problems with everything:

MAKING A RESERVATION: I called a week ahead and spoke with "Laura" (I think that's her name) She was very friendly, but said the Lodge was closed due to boiler problems, they weren't sure which day it would reopen, but I was free to call back as they wouldn't be taking reservations for a wait list. I was quoted 3 rates: a Standard room at $149.99/week, a mini suite at $175.98/week or a full suite at $339.01/week - all rates plus tax.

I wait 5 days and called again - still no way to make a reservation. I went into a different city and waited a few days past when I wanted to arrive and finally after calling a couple more times, I spoke with Diane who said the Lodge would open the next day. All they had available were mini-suites, so I reserved one. My thoughts: how could they have sold out all the rooms if they had just started taking reservations the day I called?

When I arrived I discovered the suite was on the 2nd floor. I'm disabled and said I neglected to mention my need for ground floor and Diane said she could give me a room with 2 queen beds, and that room was the same price as the mini suite. With taxes, just shy of $200 for the week.

A few days later I went on the Lodge's website to check availability and rates for a friend who was thinking of joining me. The 3 rates I was originally quoted were the only ones on the website. I went to Diane the next day and asked why the website didn't show the rate for 2 queens that I was paying. She showed me a sheet of paper that said she charged me correctly. I don't know how anyone else would react, but I thought the whole thing a bit fishy.

ICE: $2 for a 7lb bag. I don't recall ever paying for ice at a 3 star or above property.

THE ROOM: It was spacious and had a newer small fridge, microwave and a good size TV. The bed was comfortable, and the shower head had 8 spray settings, a real treat. However, the rest was downhill. Despite my wall being directly adjacent to the new boiler, I had no hot water in the sink, and had to wait several minutes to get it to warm in the shower. The sink had no water pressure, the plug for the microwave had a faulty connection, and despite never opening the window there were some kind of dust particles in the air that made it necessary to clean my cell phone screen about 5 times more than usual and also caused a fairly constant cough when I was in the room. The WiFi connection was weak and troublesome most of the time.

The biggest problem was the bed. Each time I got in or out the mattress moved away from the frame and I have about 6 cuts on my legs as a result. I reported all issues to Debbie - one of the housekeepers - who was the best experience of my visit. She reported the microwave plug issue first - but no one came to fix it, and she promised that she would report all the other problems and see to it they got fixed. But who knows - I was told I'd have housekeeping once a week on Wednesdays, but that didn't happen either.

Instead of staying two weeks as anticipated, I left after one, was grateful to be gone, and will probably not return again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in a riverfront suite which was spacious, offered a nice view of the river, and had a kitchen area with mircrowave, fridge, sink and coffee pot. With winter rates it was a very good value. But there was a serious problem with the first room we were assigned. When we turned on the heater it smelled like an electrical fire and the smoke alarm was set off. After getting everything calmed down we went to the office and were given another room where the heater worked fine. But even that room had "peculiarities". The living area and bedroom area had separate TVs, but somehow they got different stations! The remote for the bedroom TV only had partial function, while the living room remote didn't work at all. But these are minor annoyances and overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Riverfront suites are the most pleasant rooms. If you call to make your reservation you may beat th...