“Best Mexican food in the area!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Charro

El Charro
Cuisines: Seafood, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Mohave
“Best Mexican food in the area!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is a little hole in the wall, but the best Mexican food yet!!!! We have lived here for almost 8 years now and coming from CA, we missed our Mexican food.....well, this is the place!!! The Senora makes fresh tortillas right there where you can watch and all the food we have tried is delicious!!! The fish tacos....YUMMY!!!!!

My advice is to go after the lunch hour because it is packed and seating is very minimum! It's not the best set up for crowds, but it's worth the wait if you have to!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carla A

Orlando, Florida
“worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I found this gem on Trip Advisor and was wowed. Its cheap, tasty, an extensive menu and wonderful service. I had the Shrimp Fajita and took a box home for later there was so much to it. Great value, even with a Marguerita it was still cheap. I look forward to a return vist... my fav mexican restaurant for quite a while. Go you won't be sorry!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank travellingkiwi_lass
“Wow great food and great prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Found this little place on Trip advisor so we decided to try it... Homemade corn and flour tortilla, menudo and Pozole where excellent! My family and I would definitely come again, great service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Wow, wow and more wow!! Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Super authentic flavored with home made tortillas all the way. Friendly service and everything fresh. Green and red salsa is amazing. I had a fish taco and a shrimp taco. I cannot put words to it how awesome and fresh it was. My husband had the carne asada burrito and liked it a lot as well. I just had to take a picture of the lady who was making the flower and corn tortillas. So perfectly done and flavored I asked for one of each hot off the press. It is so so so so good. You have to come eat here. Super good prices and healthy delicious food with a friendly service. Now that makes a meal!!

California
“Best Mexican Food in Three States!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

El Charro is as authentic as it gets. I've traveled Mexico all my life. I was born and raised in Southern California. I've traveled extensively in California, Arizona, and New Mexico. This is truly the most authentic, best tasting Mexican food around. It's super affordable, too.

Our family of four all ordered different items from the menu, and we were all really happy with our meals. From the chips and salsa to the beans and rice to the chile rellano to the tamales tot he tacos... on and on. Everything was good.

Full bar and a couple of televisions. Great service and warm, friendly smiles. Can't ask for more.
OK, maybe open more hours during the winter would be nice, but that's understandable for a family run restaurant in a summer tourist town.

From now on, this is a mandatory go-to every time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2012