“4 POINTS??? Are you serious?!? Average Diner ... at best.”

Black Bear Diner Bullhead City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Don't know what all the 4-5point folks smoked but: keep it real and please be objective!! We had bbq ribs with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans and it was not comparable, AT ALL, with ribs that we had anywhere else before. It was so fat, a thick jelly layer of fat over the meat. And not sure, but aren't ribs supposed to be somewhat tender at least??? The mashed pot's with gravy, again, nothing special. Overall, a disappointment after exhausting hike in the canyon. And why don't you guys serve fresh cool beer from tap .. would be at least a big plus point for me. A friendly AVERAGE since you didn't screw too much.

2  Thank KKBuddy

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by complementing Chris, the supervisor by explaining to me his menu items. It was my first visit and I asked him what his restaurant is more known for and he recommended the county fried steak. 2 people in our group had that with vegetable and potato variations. Chris was super friendly and very observant. As we were eating I noticed he made an effort to check in with other tables and speak with guests as well to make sure everything was satisfying. He knows the menu, what goes in the dishes and what they have in the kitchen and what to recommend. Very good supervisor and very friendly and professional with the Guests and staff. Watched him direct the waitresses who were on top of their service. Excellent job, Chris!!!! Our waitress was exemplary as well, Crystal. Our cups were full with drinks and she checked back several times. Had many tables she took care of and well managed them. Now the food: hats off to the kitchen and chefs! They were making breakfast and lunch and dinner dishes. I had a breakfast dish that was very delicious with a polish style sausage and prepared perfect. The potatoes with peppers were awesome and eggs just right. Our friend had a steak dinner and cooked to perfection, another the turkey burger and then as I said 2 had country fried steaks. All of it was done very well. We will be back! Thank you and great job!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great home cooking with good prices. Love the single serving little pies they make. The up north theme is great because I am from MN. The service were very friendly. Great place for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All around great stop in Bullhead City, AZ.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had seen Black Bear Diner reviews while researching our trip so I was happy when my brother-in-law took us there for breakfast. The food, ambiance, and service was even better than I expected.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Staying at a Laughlin hotel/casino for 3 nights, we couldn't find any good values on that side of the river - pricey chains or poor food at regular or higher prices, so we tried Black bear the second night and it was so good we finished with dinner there our third night. Black bear is an up and coming chain in western states. The food portions are large and the value is excellent. If you don't want a lot of calories always chooses their "little bit less" plates, which were plenty for us. Just great American food like beef, trout, pot pie, burgers, pies, and large to huge breakfasts. We were glad to find and have a Black bear for dinner and it was well worth the short drive from Laughlin. Casino eateries are getting full priced to expensive brand name restaurants these days so Black Bear is a perfect value option for great food.

Been to Black Bear Diner Bullhead City? Share your experiences!