“Desert Roacho Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Desert Rancho Motel

Desert Rancho Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bullhead City
Desert Rancho Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Bullhead City
Los Angeles, California
“Desert Roacho Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

First off the manager/owner Richard was kind on the phone as he told me nothing but false information on how nice his motel was. I had made reservations, (gave credit card info). When I arrived the clerk had no idea of the reservation. Which worked out better because he quoted me a room rate that was considerably HIGHER than his clerk charged me. So we paid for three nites. (cash) He had told me that they had remodeled rooms. The room was the WORST room I have ever stayed in. I would have ben better off sleeping in the gutter, because the gutter would have ben cleaner. The carpet was full of cigarette burns, it was peeling up as well not to mention my feet were black after walikng upon it. The bathroom was gross and barely cleaned, the window ledge had a huge amount of dirt and debris, the floor had other hairs from previous occupants, paint was peeling off of the walls, not to mention that the walls were full of dirt and other stains. The shower leaked. The room had a horrible odor of a smell I cannot explain! In the morning I went over to speak with the manager. I asked him a question about the amount he charged and wanted to make sure he did'nt run it thru the C.C. as we had paid CASH! As well as informing him that there were roaches, waterbugs and other things creeping around in the room. He prompty lost his temper and told me to " If your going to complain, then get the Hell out" . I gladly accepted his offer to vacate, as I wanted my money back for this repulsive room I had spent the nite in. The outside of the hotel has the appearance of that there are mainly undesirable people residing there as there residences (BBQ's out front of rooms, chairs and such). Richard was unprofessional in his attitute as well as abusive in his manners of the situation. His disconcern over paying tenats and monies paid prior for a three nite stay. He had put us in a situation that we had to go look for other rooms on a weekend that all of the hotels and motels were occupied. I was thankful I was able to find better lodging right next door for $10 a nite cheaper. This motel is the worst motel I have ever stayed in EVER! Then to have to deal with a manger/owner who really needs to be on some sort of medication was just too much. I never write these reviews, but since this place is sooo bad and his actions were that of a "crazied dictator" I am glad to take the time to warn other potential patrons that this place is the dirtest and most repulsive place I never want to stay in. I now know what HELL will be like! the "Desert ROACH'O motel....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank mrtomwinters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
sm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Over the telephone the manager described this establishment as the "best place to stay this side of the River." In fact the rooms are filthy and very poorly maintained. However, the rooms out shine the MANAGER who shouted uncontrolably and evicted us without cause!!!! When told the room was not as described over the phone, the Manager shouted at my travel companion "Pack your bags and get out" and demanded we leave before check out time the first morning despite our having paid for a 3 night stay.....After visiting 4 or 5 other establishements it is clear that instead of being the "best place to stay this side of the RIver", the Desert Ranho Motel is by far and away to be the WORST place to stay on the RIver in Bullhead City. Do the MANAGER a favor - don't check in.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
8 Thank blackdiamond07

Travelers are raving about these Bullhead City hotels

bhc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

First I was yelled at by the management for having a guest visit(did not stay very long) they told me i was not allowed to have guests!

Then i was kicked out onto the street after someone SUPPOSEDLY complained i was too loud...they banged on my door at 6 am and told me to vacate the room.

I agreed to leave if they returned my money...they refused and called he police.

They run some sort of scam is how this seemed!
They had no reason for what they did because i wasn't even loud.

I asked the police how they were allowed to do this to me and the police said that it is a civil matter and advised me to bring a suit against them!

ALL IN ALL THEY WERE VERY RUDE FROM THE BEGINNING AND THE HOTEL WAS DISGUSTING!

VERY POOR MANAGEMENT I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORSE EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Tropicana Laughlin
Tropicana Laughlin
#7 of 11 in Laughlin
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews

Been to Desert Rancho Motel? Share your experiences!