“Upscale pizza, calzones, salads and wine in lovely Verrado”

Grazie Pizzeria and Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Buckeye
Cuisines: Italian
phoenix az
“Upscale pizza, calzones, salads and wine in lovely Verrado”
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Grazie's features true gourmet pizza, italian specialties and wine with especially speedy service on the pizzas, courtesy of the sizzling hot pizza ovens. You can watch your pizza being cooked to perfection through the huge glass windows separating the kitchen from the diningroom. There's also a small wine bar for those who just want to sit and sip for a while.

The owner obviously takes his food and wine seriously and you'll find great selections in both categories. Everything's really good, but my husband and I like to order their outstanding (and giant!) caesar salad and a pizza and split both. This comes out to only $11 each before drinks, tax and tip, and seems reasonable enough for a quality meal in a nice atmosphere. Of course you can also run up a big bill quickly if you order appetizers, entrees and wine for everyone.

They don't have a full bar, but when I tried to order a pina colada the owner said he had the perfect wine for me to try if I wanted something sweet: the Moscato d'asti. I'm not much of a wine drinker. (I generally lean towards drinks with fruit and umbrellas sticking out of them!) But this wine tastes like 7-Up. Now I know you connoisseurs are rolling your eyes, but I loved it. The point is, this man knows his wine and knows how to please.

For a romantic evening, try parking and dining at Grazie's and then enjoying the short walk up Verrado's quaint Main Street to the Verrado Grill for dessert or an after dinner drink under the stars on the patio. Holding hands on the way back down the tree-lined street is highly recommended!