“Pie with breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Prius had a mind of its own when I saw the Rock Springs Cafe billboard for food and homemade pies. I had every intention of sailing right on to Phoenix from Prescott. Instead I enjoyed prompt service at the counter for the Jack Daniels pecan pie AND the breakfast combo of corned beef hash-eggs-large biscuit-homefries. I loved this place; the bustle,the friendliness, the food quality, and the flashback feel of arriving by stage for vittles for the journey. Give it a try, enjoy the pecan pie!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

After hearing so much about this place, we decided to take a Sunday drive to Rock Springs for dinner and pie. As usual, the parking lot was fairly full when we arrived but were able to be seated in the restaurant without wait. While I appreciate the "old west" look of the place, I agree with some of the other postings that point out that the place could use a good cleaning and update. There is no excuse for torn seat cushions and wobbly tables. My companion ordered a hamburger and I had the catfish. The best part of the entire meal was my small salad because at least it was fresh. French fries were cold, the cat fish was beer battered not corn meal fried (interpret as soggy) and the obviously frozen corn was a water-filled mess. However, the mixed berry pie was delicious.

The entire time I was there, I was hoping to see Robert Irvine, the restaurant makeover star, enter the cafe and begin throwing food on the floor. It's is that kind of experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This cafe is in the middle of nowhere just off I-17 between Phoenix and Prescott Arizona. The few mismatched buildings that line the over-sized parking lot give the area a shanty-town impression. But for good reason the parking lot is practically full most of the time. The cafe, buried in the middle of this beat up, old western village lies a few steps beyond the pie case, which is very hard to pass without viewing all the decadent pies. The tables/chairs match the rustic wooden walls/beams. If it weren't for the refrigerated cases and overhead lights, the interior could come from the early frontier era.
The PO' boy catfish sandwich could not be handled; it was overstuffed and dressed for use by silverware only (that's a good thing)! The cobb salad was also overabundant but very fresh, even after taken home in a "to go" carton.
We've visited this place a dozen times, sometimes just for the pecan or lemon meringue pies, sometimes just for a scenic drive to lunch. We always check out the farmers' market/souvenir shop just to the north of the cafe. Once we stopped in the herbal/incense shop just to the south. All the shops are worth a visit, but eat first, so you can burn off some of the calories while souvenir shopping.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The pies were wonderful just like we remembered. The staff were so helpful. Well worth the trip. It was a great variety of flavors and the Jack Daniels Pecan pie.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited Rock Springs at about 8:00am on Saturday August 17th. We seated ourselves at a nice table for two. A waitress came by and waited on two nearby tables but never even acknowledged us. After a while, 5-10 minutes, I walked up to the front and got two menus and asked the same waitress if she was going to serve us. She nodded and in a few minutes came to our table that still needed clearing off and wiping. Another waitress was wiping a table right next to ours but ignoring ours. I asked our waitress if we should move to the clean table or would she wipe ours. She asked the other waitress to wipe our table and she did. We finally ordered and got our food. The food was really not very good - corn beef hash from a can and pancakes without taste etc. We had heard about the Rock Springs Cafe but it did meet our expectations and next time we will probably just drive by as there are so many restaurants/cafes looking for our business. We will probably just keep on I-17 and head north to the Red Rooster Cafe in Cottonwood. They have excellent food and great service!

1  Thank lydiaccb