“Awesome burger and pie!”
Review of Rock Springs Cafe

Rock Springs Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in today for lunch! Wow! Great tasting burgers and the coconut cream abd cherry pie was fantastic. Nicki wwas great and friendly!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Finally stopped in today for pie after numerous trips by the place. We just got our pie at the pie counter. The cherry pie was ok but not outstanding. A little too sweet with a very average crust. The almond flavoring was a nice touch. The Jack Daniels pecan pie was the clear winner even though I could not taste any Jack Daniels in it. It was nice with out being too sweet as pecan pie can sometimes be. I would get another piece of the jack daniels pecan pie but probably would pass on the cherry. Our service was fine. In fact they give you the pie at the pie counter and we ate it before then going across the room to pay for it. Didn't eat so can't comment on the other reviews on food quality. Our service at the pie counter was good. Also didn't notice the dirt issues that some commented on but perhaps it is more evident in other parts of the cafe.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

like the tourists we are, we stopped here on the drive from Phoenix for lunch and some pie to take to the condo for our week in Sedona. first impression is that this place needs a good cleaning. it's supposed to be rustic, but i'm pretty sure there's still dirt from when it was a military outpost. the waitstaff is friendly, but inefficient and apathetic.

Pretty hungry from our early AM flight and the dusty drive from Sedona, we asked the waitress what she recommends: the meatloaf, "homemade," she says, "very good," she says. fine, done.

really really awful meatloaf, first of all. but also COLD. like she'd pulled the food from the fridge, nuked it to almost room temp then served. it was borderline inedible, we had her re-nuke it, and it came back marginally better. no apologies, no offer to get us something else. whatever. we had our sights set on pie.

the Tennessee lemon was our first sample, and it was very good. flaky crust with a dense tart, filling. very reminiscent of my mom's lemon bars in pie form. Encouraged, we opted for a slice of JD pecan to go. we took a little bite to check it out and ended up eating the entire piece as we waited for the bill.

we left with another slice of JD pecan and also the JD pecan w/ bacon, but not before being ignored several times at the cashier trying to pay for my pie. i could have easily walked out of there without paying and no one would have noticed, but that's just not our way. the pie was a nice late-night treat our first night in the condo, but i wouldn't go back. just not worth it.

bottom line: eat before you go. and just stop for the pie. (although there was some incredible peaches and fresh corn at the farmers market next door). whatever you choose, it's a stop and go. not a stop and eat.

1  Thank txsjewels
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Leaving an incredibly hot and trafficy Phoenix, stopping at Rock Springs Cafe was like an oasis in the desert. The charm of the old stagecoach stop didn't disappoint and my European partner couldn't stop taking photos. It's a great introduction to the old wild west. Don't miss going through the swinging saloon doors to the restrooms. Our food was great and was served quickly. We had the pulled pork BBQ sandwich with coleslaw and fries and didn't have room for dessert, but the pies looked wonderful. It's always a stop on my itinerary from Phoenix to Sedona!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? Great pie, apple & jd pecan, yummy ice cream - pie gets a 10! Food & atmosphere? Well, its filthy. I took a photo of an air vent that had a fur coat, straight up disgusting & for sure landing in my food & drink! I had the Southwest mac & cheese which scored about a 4 & that is a generous 4.....no flavor. My husband had the honey fried chicken with emphasis on the fried, dry & tasteless. His corn was cold & he told me he has had better at KFC & would have preferred instant potatoes! I need a shower after resting my arms on that horrifying table. Get the pie & only the pie but get it to go!!!

1  Thank sparkysgrl