“clean, quiet resting lodge”
Review of San Jose Lodge

San Jose Lodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
“clean, quiet resting lodge”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a quaint lodge, with an excellent restaurant on site. It is off the beaten path, away from road traffic noise. Just outside of Bisbee, it was a true gem. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. unlike other places, it had 'quiet hours' posted. The restaurant was a delightful place for breakfast. The food was home made, and served hot. Very filling. No need to stop for a mid day snack or lunch. I don;t understand the negative reviews that have been posted in the past. This was definitely a wonderful, clean , quiet lodge.

Room Tip: There was parking right outside the rooms. The laundry and ice machine were located in another area
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We arrived and the front desk was very pleasant and answered all our questions. Our pet was welcome and we settled in. the room is clean, roomy and modern. The restaurant was very good and we would have tried Indian however they had meatloaf with home made fries. Excellent!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Priddis15
NY
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked a stay for two nights but we left after the first night. 1) The wi-fi didn't work -- it dropped the connection every few minutes 2) the pillows smelled like Tidy-Bowl and 3) I got bitten by fleas. (I know it wasn't from the hotel where we stayed the night before or the night after because both of those hotels had a "no pets" policy.)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan049
SanJoseLodge, Front Office Manager at San Jose Lodge, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with San Jose Lodge. We are sorry that your stay was not what you expected. We do inspected our rooms daily. According to our records you did not want housekeeping service and you were going to stop by at the office to pickup towels. Also you checked out early as you had some family business to take care of that is why you checked out early. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenence and hope that you will give us another chance.
Regards
Tucson
Reviewed March 19, 2013

For the price I paid I did not expect a great experience, but I didn't expect the seediness of this place either. When I drove up to my room, the three guys in the next room were grilling steaks on a grill they had set up next to their truck. This was apparently OK with the management. They continued to sit outdoors and drink beers most of the night then fired up the truck and let it idle for about 20 min. At 4:30 AM. When I got back to the room on the second day, there was a guy just outside my room screaming at someone over the phone and every other word began with the letter f, if you catch my drift.

I told the cleaning lady I didn't need her to clean but I would like an extra towel and the trash to be emptied. that never happened. There is a disgusting moldy smell around the sink. And the advertising doesn't tell you that there is a large parking lot for RVs out back where people live, as in full time not transient . It looks really run down and a little scary.

On the positive side, they were very accommodating about my dog ($10 extra per day) and except for the smelly sink, the place was reasonably clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing your stay with our property. We are sorry that your experience was not pleasant with us. We inspect our rooms daily and we clean all our rooms with 10% bleach to disinfect from previous guest stay. We also wash blankets bed spreed pillows when guest checks out. We hope that you will stay with us in near future.
Regards
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband is incarcerated at the Douglas prison and it is a five hour drive from Phoenix. I don't want to put other hotels down - but I stayed a couple of times in Douglas and those accomodations were nothing to brag about. So, my last trip, I decided to try and stay in Bisbee, which is only about 20 miles from Douglas, and I discovered the San Jose Lodge. I was very pleased with their accommodations - there was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and hairdryer in the room. The bathroom was nice - everything was clean and well maintained - and it was affordable. There is a nice restaurant attached to it and all the employees were very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jody C
Blanco, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were traveling with a loaded truck and a nine-pound Dachshund and could not locate a facility in Bisbee that would allow our pet. We also needed to have the truck where we could keep an eye on it. A nice lady at the Copper Queen Mine recommended the San Jose. It was on the Naco Highway about 2 miles from the border, but the Border Patrol station was directly behind it! The pet room that they showed us was very clean and they assured us that the carpets were cleaned after every pet visit. There was a small fridge and microwave, lots of hot water, a comfortable bed and a sitting area. Although the decor is dated, the room was very comfortable. There is a really clean laundry facility. There is a Safeway that you pass to get to the motel which is really convenient to pick up food, There is also a good Mexican food restaurant on-site where a lot of the locals eat. All in all, it was a pleasant place to stay and we felt secure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nelda B
cottonwood, az
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nothing special about this hotel. This stay was much better then our last one... No drama with the checkin or checkout. Only disappointing thing was no water in the pool. OH well

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch
The Inn at Castle Rock
The Inn at Castle Rock
#9 of 14 in Bisbee

Been to San Jose Lodge? Share your experiences!