Hotel La More / The Bisbee Inn
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Audrey's Inn(Bisbee)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbrewery gulchthere is no air conditioninghistoric settingantique shopsfront porchold buildingrestaurants and barsthe wi fiprivate bathmodern conveniencesgracious hoststurn of the centurycontinental breakfastsitting areacerealheatherghost
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Checked into Hotel on a very busy weekend night, there was a blues fest in progress. I was able to secure the last room available, and was not disappointed. There was no AC, but that was not an issue as it was quite comfortable. The property is very well maintained and the staff helpful and friendly. Parking was convenient. The brew pub next door was excellent and lively.

Room Tip: great views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cubanose
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wow! Reading the reviews to the right of me you'd think this was a shady motel on Van Buren (in Phoenix). This is one of the coolest Inns we've ever stayed at. Just finished up our second stay at The Bisbee Inn. We've visited Bisbee numerous times, too many to count at this point, and The Bisbee Inn will be the only place to rest our heads from now on! We always feel like we have the place to ourselves - even though they were sold out this weekend. The community kitchen is awesome! We made breakfasts and dinners while the kids sat around watching t.v. in the parlor. You don't have to eat out every morning, noon, and night! Yes, you can definitely hear pretty much everything - even the orgasms (I thought it was one of the ghosts one night - haha!) and the good times being had down the hill. But, did everyone miss the part that says it's a "historical restoration"? Geez guys, you're on vacation in a bar town! True there is no a/c at all. But, we were just there and it's August. Had our window open and desk fan going...got chilly at night. The day time was just fine too...you're supposed to be out on the town anyway. We LOVE the owners, can just chat them up all day long. The only sad part was their change in the pet policy. Our beloved beagle had to miss out on this trip...which didn't stop us. He got spoiled by a family member.
All in all it's a fantastic place. If you're looking for stuffy, yuppie stay at one of the "boutique" hotels dotted throughout town....or better yet go stay in Sierra Vista (but what's the point of even bothering to come down?).

Room Tip: We just got room #5. Double bed, it's at the end of the hall just by the parlor. Next time we will stay in rooms 19 and 20. They're adjoining, one for us the other for the kids! Those are right next to the front door, so if you're whiny about noise don't book those rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leaha M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had read the reviews and our expectations were not grand. We did book a room at the back of the hotel, which solved the noise issue. As others have mentioned there is not A/C and there is some cooler air from the Swamp cooler and fans are provided, it does take a while to cool down the room.
The serve yourself breakfast was perfectly adequate with fresh fruits, yogurt, muffins, juice and coffee.
The hotel does have an overall tired feel to it, but the bed was comfortable and there was hot water.
We did not experience problems parking at the lower level lot, and once parked we did not use our care again until we left town.
We did have other friends that where in a ground floor room at the front of the Inn, and they did comment on the street noise and bright lights shining in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the very beginning of summer, so I asked in advance if the hotel had any kind of cooling. They e-mailed that my room would have swamp cooling (a common evaporate cooling in Arizona than can work well). But when I check in I find that the cooling can't get drawn into MY room unless I have the door open. (The transom above my door won't open!) When I ask if I need to sleep with my door open, I'm told that the hotel turns off the cooling at night anyway. HA! So keep in mind that if you stay from May-November that the rooms will be VERY hot at night, and it will take a long time to get to sleep. As other reviewers say, the noise from the bars below is constant until @3 am, but if you are at one of those bars then the quick walk back to the hotel at the end of the night is a positive! Moral of the story to the hotel about my stay: don't lie to your customers when they ask you a direct question about the hotel features. Their lie to me is what I will always remember about the Bisbee Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 66Fastback
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like everything in Bisbee parking is tough. I had to circle the lot below the hotel for 20 minutes before I was able to grab a spot. The hotel itself was cute and basic, no frills. My room was on the second floor overlooking the street. My room unfortunately smelled like a dirty bathroom, but I have a very strong sense of smell and always consider that other people may not be smelling what I smell. I should have brought my own pillows but the bed was comfortable and except for 2 incidents of couples having orgasms (keep this in mind if you are there with kids) the hotel was very quiet! With all that in mind I probably would have tried the hotel again ... EXCEPT

There was a bar at the base of the hill and on the Saturday night when I stayed there was a live band. I could hear every note and every syllable of that band until they stopped playing at 2:30am. In between songs, during the break, and after the show I also had to listen to people screaming at each other in the parking lot. I finally went to sleep likely around 3am after trying since 10:30. I had forgotten my glasses and my contacts were soaking in an acid solution, or I would have just left and driven to Sierra Vista for the night. Perhaps other people were not sleeping either which explains the orgasms.

I won't be staying in old town Bisbee ever again.

Room Tip: I don't know if you can hear the street from the back of the hotel but I suggest trying that instead of rooms by the front door.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends