“Typical Mexican Fare”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Typical Mexican Fare”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have had much better Mexican food in my day. Kind of pricey for the quality of the food, but I live in Tucson where we have great Mexican food!

Visited June 2013

Tucson
“One of My Favorites in Bisbee”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a favorite based upon my prior visits to Bisbee. The food is great and they are listed in a recent Arizona Highways magazine article as a "top ten" pick.

There is a lot of flavor here (and a lot of garlic). The menu has a wide selection and flexibility on the choice of side items. (Guacamole can be added as a side without an additional fee; rare to nonexistent in Mexican restaurants of Arizona).

The margaritas could definitely use a bit more tequila, so while they are good, they are not a "best value". It appeared that a table in another dining room was offered fresh, table-side prepared guacamole. This was not offered to me on any of my four visits. (If this is offered regularly, staff must stop missing a great up-sell opportunity.)

I rated service as "average". Some staff were fantastically helpful and friendly. Others were... well.... NOT, including the manager (or owner) who needed to put on a friendlier face. The food made up for this.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Best mexican food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Santiago's is my favorite restaurant in all of Cochise County and probably the best Mexican food I've had outside of Mexico. I have never tried the same thing and I've probably had about 10 different things on the menu and I've never left disappointed. We come here for celebrations, dinner out, with friends, for fun, whatever. Any excuse to go to Santiago's is a good one and it's a 30 minute drive for us. The margaritas are also out of this world and the bar tenders are great, very friendly. I especially enjoy the table side guacamole. They make it right in front of you just to your liking. The salsa is also to die for and I believe they sell it. The food comes in great portions and no matter what you order, you won't go wrong. I will say the burros, Chile Rellanos, and mocajete are personal favorites. The fried ice cream and chocolate cloud will also blow your mind. It's also reasonably priced. For a dinner with 6 people with 6 entrees, an appetizer and desert, we only paid $75. If you are in Bisbee, definitely stop in here for a meal.

• Visited February 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Unique Mexican Bistro”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Living in the southwest, we have come to appreciate & enjoy many types of Mexican food. Santiago's is not the typical little "moms & pops" restaurant with the usual fare. Their version of the old favorites like tacos, enchiladas, burritos are prepared with a unique twist & very nice presentation. Our food was not overly spicy--but very flavorful. This roomy restaurant is located on a corner with lots of tables near big windows which adds to the enjoyable ambience. The strawberry-cucumber margarita was refreshing & salsa outstanding. The Red Chili Burro and Chilorio plate were delicious. Terrific food, friendly service & enjoyable atmosphere in the heart of Old Town Bisbee--best news...bill totaled just over $30 for two people!

Calgary, Canada
“Good food, and margaritas wern't bad either”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had a great meal at Santiago's in Bisbee. We started our evening with Sonia, our server, and a water melon and strawberry cucumber margarita, the fresh fruit margarita specials. The water melon was excellent, the strawberry o'k. Chips and a nice, spicy salso was immediate bought to our table for munching on while we deceided what to order. We started with the tableside guacamoli, which was, as the name says, prepared at our table, excellent. For dinner we had chimichangas and the avacado shrimp, both of which were very good. Mid way through dinner time to try another margarita. I had the Gila Monster, my wife the Calypso, both were exellent. For desert, although we were both full from good sized portions we had the sopapilla, which was very nice, a sweet way to end our dining experience.

Not huge fans of Mexican food, however would recommend Santiago's, good food, fun, bright atmosphere, great margarita's and very friendly service.