“Great Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Had a great meal! Been there twice now. Took Jim there for his birthday dinner. The food was excellent, service was great! Will be going back on our nest trip to Bisbee!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Ordered a shot of tequila with a beer...the shot cost $10! The flour tortillas were awful. Wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank nina19912
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We just finished our take-out dinner (preferring to eat in our room and chill out) of chicken quesadillas and chicken fajitas. We asked for chips and salsa, too. While waiting for our order, we looked around the bar area and remarked to each other how attractive the decor was.

Back to dinner: the quesadilla came with about 6 big sections of cheese and chicken-stuffed flour tortilla and all the toppings you could ask for. It was absolutely excellent. The fajita dish was a bit more expensive but came with wonderfully marinated chicken strips and all the well-seasoned peppers, onions, etc. you would expect, as well as roasted corn and tasty black beans with a little topping of cheese. A couple more tortillas for wrapping up the fajitas would have been welcome.

The style is Sonoran (see the restaurant web site) and you can ask for mild sauces if that is your liking (as was ours) and chips were think and crispy and flavorful.

All in all, the meal came to about $30 (before leaving our tip) and, although the coast was a little higher than we normally would expect to pay, the quality and quantity merited the price paid. We were not disappointed and will go back next time we come to Bisbee.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I ate here while on vacation and found the dining experience to be quite pleasant. The salsa was good and had enough heat without making you sweat! The fish tacos were very good and the house margarita was excellent. While the food was not the best Mexican we had on our trip, Santago's has a nice atmosphere and the staff are friendly and competent.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love Mexican food, but this place has left me disappointed twice. I don't think I will go back. The hot sauces taste like paste and the food was just not tasty to me. Both times I sampled and then left the rest on the plate, and I normally eat any and all things. Just does not do it for me. My friends were not impressed either. Sorry.

2  Thank Alan M