“Comfortable stay in a charming hotel”
Review of Hotel San Ramon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Hotel San Ramon
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Warm and extremely friendly reception upon arrival, beautiful and highly personal rooms, comfortable stay. Fully recommended if you prefer to be treated like a friend of the house rather than yet another occupant of a hotel room. Excellent location in the very centre of Bisbee, with restaurants, cafes, facilities and all the Bisbee qualities just outside the door.Enjoy it.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sbjdk

Reviewed January 28, 2010

We did an internet search for "hotels in Bisbee" to find the Hotel San Ramon. On check-in, we were advised of the sometimes noisy atmosphere, so we were expecting it and, truthfully, it did not bother us that much -- and we didn't use the earplugs provided! Tamara Page, Manager, was extremely welcoming, providing delicious fresh oatmeal-raisin cookies, plus ideas on nearby restaurants and sights to see. Almost everything we checked out was within very easy walking distance (2 - 4 blocks). We had Room #1 which was very clean and spacious with a wonderful king-sized bed, nice shower and fluffy towels, all of which added positively to our trip.

Our room was directly over Santiagos Mexican Restaurant, one that had been recommended to us by Tamara. They were noisy enough we decided to see what all the excitement was about -- it turned out their food, surroundings and service was as wonderful as Tamara said it would be.

We very much enjoyed our get-away two-nighter in Bisbee.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mnance64
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We picked the Inn based on the tripadvisor reviews. The hotel was great in part. The website states there is off street parking. There is. You just have to find it. We parked up a steep street and had to lug our things down to the hotel.

The room was beautiful and extremely clean. The bed was fantastic. The view was nice as well. Room #1.

The noise was crazy though and it was a Tuesday night. Yes, there were earplugs on the table. The noise came from several locations. Within the hotel, the street below and Santiagos. The hotel is right above Santiagos restaurant. The website does not tell you that. You can hear the music from the restaurant in the rooms. We could even hear the restaurant phone every time it rang. After the restaurant closed the music got much louder for a very long time. I assume the staff was cleaning up for the night then. Still, did they not realize that there is a hotel upstairs? The noise from within the hotel was every door opening and closing. Every shower or toilet flushing and literally everyone else's conversations in the rooms. The walls seem paper thin. I didn't even turn on the tv to see the news. I listened to it from next door. The street level noise of people passing and talking loudly was the least noisy for us. We did not hear motorcycle noise. We were abruptly awoken early the next morning to a very loud van parked right outside our window (in front of Santiagos). It had a generator on and they were outside power washing the grille grates for the restaurant. VERY EARLY AND VERY LOUD. Needless to say.........we didn't get much sleep. We jumped out of bed and got the heck out of there. We were too tired to even sight see that day. We drove straight home. Happy Anniversary to us.

Santiagos food was excellent and the beer was cold. Did not appreciate the bartender discussing our bar tab or the amount we consumed with another patron. She actually made a comment about how she tricks patrons into thinking they are getting what they ordered but they don't. Ex: Rum & Coke eventually becomes just Coke after a while because she believes the patron won't realize it. Hhmm? I wonder if they are charged for Rum & Coke or just the Coke? All I know is she forgot to charge us for 2 beers.

Yes, we knew this hotel was not the Hilton. Overall, will not be back to Bisbee anytime soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvbeachgirl
HotelSanRamon, Owner/Manager at Hotel San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2010

To all our valued guests -

This was a very serious situation and in four years I have not had a report such as this. I have looked into the details of what was going on during this guest's stay and please be assured that any issues involving these types of noise disturbances from restaurant activity have since been quickly and effectively remedied and will not happen again. I do extend my sincerest apologies.

I don't know what to say to the "thin walls" comment. The rooms are laid out in such a way that each shares a wall with only one other, and even then, there are large bathrooms on either side buffering any noise. Also, many of the walls are solid brick. This guest's room was one of only two on the hallway.

I do wish this guest had contacted me to let me know they were being disturbed. I could have remedied any of these noise situations immediately, at that time. We provide a 24-hr contact number to reach management and when we show the guests the room, this number is pointed out and they are encouraged to please call if they are experiencing anything that makes their stay less than perfect.

We work very hard to make our guests' stay enjoyable and it breaks my heart when I hear of something like this through TripAdvisor rather than from a guest personally.

Thank you very much, and again, please accept my apologies.

-Tamara Page
Manager/Owner
Hotel San Ramon & Santiago's

Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel is very quaint. The hours at the front desk are little, but if you do your home work and prepare you will be alright with them. The desk lady was very pleasant and helping. The rooms were pretty, but I hoped for a more historic look. They were very clean and the location could not be beat! The price was alright, but I saw places to stay that were a little more budget friendly and had the same qualities.
All in all I would recommend this place to anyone. I plan on staying at a new place every time I go to Bisbee. This is one to check out.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leia H
Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were quite disappointed by Bisbee and were more than happy that our experience at the San Ramon was perfect !
We had the room number 2. Great and peaceful decoration, large bathroom, complimentary cookies as well as bottles of water.

Tamara, the manager, was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica4wildlife
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This hotel is a very sweet experience. The rooms are very pretty, clean and comfy. The hotel is safe- feeling, centrally located. The people are really pleasant, very sweet, even providing hats and blowers for New Year's Eve.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank isfoffice
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel! First, the location is perfect and a five minute walk to the main strip in town. The hotel had a lot of nice little touches, like fresh baked cookies, bottled water, wine glasses and a corkscrew, and bath salts. The room was very cozy. We were there over Christmas, and the office Manager was wonderful, pulling together a list of open restaurants for us. The stay was really wonderful and I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank gonetothedogz8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Tombstone Monument Ranch
Tombstone Monument Ranch
#2 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to Hotel San Ramon? Share your experiences!