School House Inn Bed & Breakfast(Bisbee)(Great Value!)
$89
The Inn at Castle Rock(Bisbee)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch(Bisbee)(Great Value!)
$85
$110
$123
Tombstone Canyon Inn(Bisbee)(Great Value!)
$80
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewscopper queena great mexican restaurantsized bathroomgreat little placeplace to stayconvenient locationin townrooms were very cleanvisit bisbeeroad tripnoiseheartskylightinnscodeaccommodationstub
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were on a road trip and stayed at Bisbee for two nights.We loved the quaintness of this small hotel.The manageress was so helpful and informative which made us feel very welcome.We didn't have any problem with noise even though there was entertainment on at the hotel next door on the Sat night.The bed was super comfy and we slept well.Ok there are no coffee facilities but you do get vouchers everyday for free coffee across at the plaza so no complaints from us although being British we drink tea anyway! Loved the town of Bisbee and would have happily stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Beware when you are required to waive your right to complain if there is noise and the hotel supplies earplugs in the rooms. The source of the noise was an active bar one doorway away on the same level as our bedroom single pane window.

San Samon is called a hotel, but the lobby closed immediately after we checked in (prepaid for our room.) It did not reopen for the approx. 20 hours we were in town. Good luck if you have a question or problem and forget the cookies, etc. they didn't appear.

Our room charge was in the upper range of their rates because we had a room with a kitchen which we did not need nor want but understood was the only room available. What a surprise when we entered the main door of the hotel and realized that every other room but one was unrented (the doors were open so it was obvious) and all other rooms were w/o kitchens. Entering our lodging, we had to walk through the ugly 1940 style kitchen to get to the bedroom on one side or bathroom on the other. The kitchen refrigerator was so loud, we turned it off. Also, navigation to the bathroom during the night, in the dark, was dangerous. The bedroom was pleasant but bathroom was dated and bathtub and surround stained.

I'm sure there are better places to stay in this charming little town.

Room Tip: Get room away from the street and bars.
2  Thank notrocketscience
HotelSanRamon, Manager at Hotel San Ramon, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

On those rare occasions that we have a dissatisfied guest (it happens to every hotel owner) we are regretful that their experience with us was not an ideal one. We are available to help with whatever necessary to insure that your stay is an enjoyable one. I do hope that any potential future guests reading this will also consider reading our other reviews, and take into account a few concerns we have with this particular review:
-I am very sorry about the cookies, but I'd been out of town for a week for a family emergency. I had only expected to be gone a few days and did bake enough ahead of time for those guests. My wonderful employees that took care of the hotel for me, were not able to do the baking.
- This guest mentions the room as being the only one available. However, they booked online and chose this room themselves. When booking online, all available rooms and prices are clearly shown. If they would have rather changed to another, less expensive room, we would have been happy to do that for them.
-Yes, our lobby is open for arriving guests and closes after all checkins have arrived. (Of about two dozen lodging establishments in town, only one is large enough to warrant a 24-hour on staff desk clerk.) We, however, have a staff member available by phone 24/7 in the event of problems or questions, and someone can be on-site within 5 minutes.
-I personally have never heard loud noise from the refrigerator. I do not want to invalidate their concern, but maybe this guest was particularly sensitive.
-This guest stayed on a Tuesday night. There is VERY little or no activity from the Copper Queen Hotel bar next door, and even on busy weekends, they are sensitive to their own guests, and close no later than 12:00. I do wish they had called if they were being disturbed.
-There is a dim option on the light above the stove which can serve as a nightlight, and nothing obstructing one's path, so no reason for the trip to the bathroom to be "dangerous."
-The 1902 building was completely renovated in 2000, so the kitchen, though basic, is far from "1940 style." I'm sorry they found it "ugly." That's the first time we've had that particular feedback in 7 years.
- Not sure about the "dated" comment regarding the bathroom either. When renovated, the bathrooms were done to reflect the period of the building, with a contemporary flair. You can easily see photos on our website. Any "stains" noticed may be from the very hard water we have here in Bisbee, but we have had nothing but excellent inspection reviews from our local health department.

Tips:
-We are always available and friendly. Please call if there's a problem, even missing cookies. :)
-If you are a particularly sensitive sleeper, ask for room #4. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you to all our guests who help us to always keep improving!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Searched all over Bisbee for a room that had two double beds. What a gem we found in the San Ramon. Five rooms located at the top of creeky wooden stairway--definitely not handicapped accessible--were beautifully decorated, appeared exactly as pictured in the hotel website, with bottles of water and fresh cookies awaiting our arrival. The San Ramon's office is located on the first floor with separate entrance next door. I suppose it could be a disadvantage that the office is not staffed 24 hours a day but we had no problems and were assured managers/owners are swiftly responsive by phone.
Beds comfortable but I disliked the pillows, which were too dense and heavy duty for this traveler. A couple of extra pillows with different densities would've solved this dilemma but I'm definitely not complaining because we were overall totally in awe of this hotel. Plenty of blankets were provided although the heat worked brilliantly as did the mighty shower. Television could've been updated to a smallish flat screen but it worked for as little as it was used. I should say we occupied Room 5 that had multiple windows overlooking the street. Plenty entertaining just watching nightlife from these windows. If you require a quiet night's slumber, please note that the San Ramon is located in "Brewery Gulch", I believe it is called, which is rather noisy until the bars close. We stayed in the hotel on a Sunday evening. Apparently, the bars were hopping even on Sunday until well past midnight. A lot of whooping and hollering is what I'm talking about, no bar fights or shooting. Parking in Bisbee can be difficult but we were able to parallel park within view from our room windows,which felt very secure and safe.
We learned on the Old Bisbee Ghost Tour that a couple of San Ramon rooms are witnesses to paranormal activities from time to time but Room 5 was not mentioned. Not sure I would've slept a wink had I been advised ghosts may visit, although it appears MANY Bisbee visitors hope for nothing more than to meet this town's many reported ghost residents.
Attention to detail at the San Ramon did not end with the bottled water and cookies. We also found lotions, cotton balls and other thoughtful amenities not expected in a hotel of this type. I wish we'd planned to stay longer. Honestly, after we checked in and were directed to our room at the top of a flight of stairs by separate entrance, I feared I may have selected the wrong accomodations but my fears swiftly became absolute delight by the charm and ambiance we found at the San Ramon.

Room Tip: If you need absolute quiet, at least one room is located in the middle of the building and has no windows. Personally, I'd rather sacrifice the quiet for the great window views of activities outside.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel San Ramon for our anniversary. Booking the room was so efficiant and easy. Our room was adorable, very clean and a delight. We had a bottle of wine waiting for us! Thank you to the staff and owners for making this such a wonderful experience. Ps. we had drinks at Santiagos Mexican restaaurant downstairs and dinner at the Grille both owned by the same owners of the Hotel. Coffee in the morning at the Coffee shop. These folks know how to do it and they do it well....

3  Thank shawnnystrom
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I guess I am in the minority here. I wasn't head over heels in love with this place. I guess I am used to modern creature comforts. This hotel fits nicely in this very historic town. We didn't get cookies or bottled water or have the ability to make coffee in the morning. We did get a coupon for a free coffee across the street. Not too shabby. We had our choice of rooms. Since it is right next door to a very busy and kind of noisy Mexican restaurant (excellent food) we chose a room in the back. It was very quiet especially once the fan shut off (we think from when the restaurant closed for the night). The bed was comfortable - only one pillow each though. A very small tv and the remote didn't work very well. As was typical with another "historic" hotel we stayed at during our vacation - there was no counter space. Just minor inconveniences really. It was a quaint and charming early 1900's hotel.

Room Tip: You can ask for a nice street view or if you want quiet ask for the one in the back (no windows).
3  Thank azblogger