“Nice place to stay...”
Review of Hotel San Ramon

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bisbee
Hotel San Ramon
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bisbee
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice place to stay...”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I guess I am in the minority here. I wasn't head over heels in love with this place. I guess I am used to modern creature comforts. This hotel fits nicely in this very historic town. We didn't get cookies or bottled water or have the ability to make coffee in the morning. We did get a coupon for a free coffee across the street. Not too shabby. We had our choice of rooms. Since it is right next door to a very busy and kind of noisy Mexican restaurant (excellent food) we chose a room in the back. It was very quiet especially once the fan shut off (we think from when the restaurant closed for the night). The bed was comfortable - only one pillow each though. A very small tv and the remote didn't work very well. As was typical with another "historic" hotel we stayed at during our vacation - there was no counter space. Just minor inconveniences really. It was a quaint and charming early 1900's hotel.

Room Tip: You can ask for a nice street view or if you want quiet ask for the one in the back (no windows).
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank azblogger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The hotel was amazing! We stayed in the room where Arizona's first flag was hung when it became a state! service was amazing and loved the Mexican Restaurant next door. Tamara was a great hostess and very kind. What a great time!

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Pilotrobert
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in Bisbee through the years and I must say that Hotel San Ramon is easily one of the finest hotels in this unique little town. My room was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby. Absolutely quiet. The location is perfect, next door to Santiago's Mexican Restaurant and downtown. Parking is not a problem. It is obvious to me that the owners pay a great deal of attention to every detail to make their guests comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms were large and comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank sonora52
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We spent two nights at the Hotel San Ramon and were thrilled with the service, the room, the location, and the charm. We arrived on Thanksgiving Day and spent our first night as the only guests in the hotel. It was quiet and charming and because the hotel keeps the room doors open when empty, it gave us the opportunity to peek and see the other beautiful quarters. The rooms are all situated on the second floor and the stairs are steep but the rooms are definitely worth the climb. Parking can be a challenge but then parking anywhere in Old Bisbee is usually a challenge so that was to be expected. We stayed in Room 1, right at the top of the stairs. We were concerned that when additional guests checked in the noise from the stairwell would be an issue but our worries were unfounded and we didn’t find noise to be a problem at all. The service was wonderful, we returned to the room on the second day to find fresh bottled water and homemade cookies outside our door! My only complaint was that the bed was a bit firm for our taste but I wouldn't let that stop me from staying at this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZRoadHog
Florence
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We agree with so many of the comments here. Tamara goes out of her way to provide extras, cookies and bottled water are a nice touch, bed was comfortable and the historic downtown location is superb for walking all over town. The only draw back is the hotel rooms are located over Santiego's restaurant which is quite noisy, and the local bars are loud as well. Once things quieted down around 11 p.m., sleep was possible. Amenities are just okay. It would have been nice to make hot tea or coffee in the room or the hotel for that matter.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gailzmarie
Hudiksvall, Sweden
Reviewed November 19, 2011

A very good place to stay if you are in Bisbbe. Location is perfect, close to everything. Cookies in the room upon arrival gives the place a personal touch, perfect with the included cooffe from across the street. Something else than the chainhotels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2011

The room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, but the customer service went far beyond what is normally provided at a hotel. I had forgotten my phone charger for my iPhone and when we asked if there was someplace I could buy a charger, Tamara offered to charge it using her computer. She called her husband to bring her charger and she stayed late until my phone was charged. I also commented that I loved the body lotion and she gave me several bottles to take home. This was our first visit to Bisbee but it won't be our last.....and the San Ramon is the ONLY place we will stay!

Room Tip: We chose a room that does not have a window because we did not want any street traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jms1905
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
#6 of 22 in Sierra Vista
The Gardens At Mile High Ranch

Been to Hotel San Ramon? Share your experiences!