“Local Dive with Local Flavor!”
Review of St. Elmo's Bar

St. Elmo's Bar
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Bisbee
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Yes, this is a dive, but a great dive! We were allowed to bring our dog in with us, one of the employees even gave our dog some treats. reasonable drink prices, pretty good service considering how crowed they were. A lot of the patrons had to pet our dog, she met many new friends. Some people got food, we did not, but the food I saw did look good. Not sure if they have kitchen or if it was from cafe next door.

This place has personality, it has been around since early 1900's and it looks like the original paint and decorations! :) This place has personality and we will be back!

Reviewed March 8, 2011

This seemed to be the good spot to hit up if you want a good local dive. Everyone in the place was friendly. The bartenders were sweet and poured the biggest tequila shots I have ever seen!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2010

We walked in and got our hands stamped by a guy with a hat that I later ended up wearing.

I got a jack and coke, and my boyfriend got a blue moon. We then got a ketel one and red bull, and a tequila sunrise, all which came out to 20 bucks. Not too bad. And yes this was throughout the night, 2 drinks a piece!

We got a hold of the one pool table they had, and it cost 75 cents to play. We played a couple of rounds and in the nearby room there was a practically empty dance area with a 'dj'. The guy with the hat, I guess it was his birthday, and there were cupcakes on the bar counter (which I got one...pretty tasty). I asked to wear his hat and he was cool about it lol.

There were some regulars in the bar, and when she asked to play my boyfriend in a round, whips out her glove and own pool stick. KINDA RUDE. Eventually we just leave. The drinks were decently priced and mixed well, they even have a bit of a loose hand on it if you know what I mean (jack and coke kicked my butt). So it's really not the bar that was meh, it was the people hanging around in it.

1  Thank melisandre04
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We loved this bar. Mainly a local spot, but tons of history. Longest running bar in AZ! Ask the owner Sue, who is a bartender, to tell you some stories! Very fun.

Reviewed July 11, 2009

Checked out this bar when they had a local band in that plays 70's music. I was surprised how fun the place was and the band was very good from the male singer that looked and acted like Mich Jagger.

I would go back again but the place can get packed and rowdy but it was a fun time. Just remember that they only accept cash and you have to order your drinks at the bar as they have no wait staff.

1  Thank TheDarkTraveler

Been to St. Elmo's Bar? Share your experiences!