“Fun Weekend Trip!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bisbee
The Sleepy Dog Guest House
Ranked #4 of 14 Bisbee B&B and Inns
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“Fun Weekend Trip!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

House was very nice with a great view. Check in and out was easy and relaxed. Owners available via phone when needed and live in the house above. The trip was incredibly relaxing-having coffee in the rocking chairs on the porch each morning was great. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because we came back from breakfast at about 9am on our last day there and found the back door opened and unlocked even though we made sure to close it and lock it before we left for breakfast. We had laptops, our camera, and cash inside as well as some personal items out in the open. Although it's unlikely anyone would walk up to the house and take anything we just felt it was not as private as the website advertised after we came home to find that.

Room Tip: Payment with cash or check only. Just a heads up: there is only a bathtub. Pets allowed. Stop at the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily R
sleepydog, Owner at The Sleepy Dog Guest House, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hi there. I'm so sorry that you didn't feel secure in our house. There is only one person~me~ who has keys and access and I NEVER go into the house when my guests are away.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Sleepy Dog is absolutely wonderful! It's a quiet, out of the way, comfortable place to stay. Don't let the drive up the hill or stairs detract, it's well worth it! The house has a fun decor, it's very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Best sleep we'd had in weeks! Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night. Owners are very nice and helpful. Hope to make it back to this GREAT place again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol B
Murrieta, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is one gem of a place to stay. Quite and out of the way but still close to all. Very well stocked for a very nice stay. Dog friendly and a GREAT view. There are a few stairs but nothing to hard. By far one great place to relax and enjoy life. I will be going back and there is no where else I would want to stay. Great decor just a wonderful place. Thanks Tad the stay was the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank 758Phil
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

A perfect place to relax. Great Shabby Chic decor that brought me back to childhood. Very clean with a very comfy bed. The town of Bisbee met our expectations and the restaurants we ate at were fabulous...freshest ingredients. Appreciated Tad making dinner reservations for us. The Roka Grill was wonderful. We got great workouts walking the hills and stairs.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gailkaleidoscope2011
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Sleepy Dog is truly a gem in Bisbee. My wife and I loved the house and it's treasure chest of eclectic items, from the old kitchen table to the soothing back porch with rockers. Our stay at Sleepy Dog was calming and mentally healing. We'd left Tucson to get away from the noise and bustle of the city and Sleepy Dog provided the perfect getaway. We even had a couple gentle rains in the afternoon. Just about everything was provided for our comfort. All we had to do was bring the meat. The kitchen is well stocked with everything to make meals, including fresh eggs for breakfast. The clawfoot bathtub added to the charm, as did the collection of old signs and license plates. We were constantly discovering new things.

All in all, a great experience. The rating only goes to five on this site, but we give Sleepy Dog a solid 10. OK, 9.9 because of the stairs. <GRIN> But to compensate, there are great views of Bisbee and the surrounding mountains.

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk up some stairs to get to the house. It's like getting anywhere is Bisbee - e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pshphoto
sleepydog, Owner at The Sleepy Dog Guest House, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about the Sleepy Dog! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as it makes all of our work to make the house as comfortable as possible worth while. Even the monsoons cooperated!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I love the Sleepy dog. First of all, the owners are interesting, eclectic, affluent individuals clearly representative of the unique little community of Bisbee-ites....I love their spirit! The house itself, is quaint, quirky, and full of personality. I have to say I love love love the bathtub, an old claw foot tub, just the right size for relaxation, but my favorite was the porch overlooking the entire town. I could sit on that porch with my pups overlooking the stone encirclement, over the town and observe all the goings on whilst sipping a fabulous concoction made from local produce from the cooperative. I felt very much a part of the town, nestled on the hill, listening to people whistling or yelling back and forth in joyful conversation....The house just feels alive...one can sense history there, it had the styling and fixtures of my grandmothers old farm house, nostalgic. I will return, I told all my friends, I walked out of that weird, cool little town, totally myself again to battle corporate America with renewed vigor. Thanks Tad!!

Room Tip: the road there is a little hairy, but trust me, it is worth the adventure!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Timothy G
, Owner at The Sleepy Dog Guest House, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We aim to please and are delighted that you had such a good time here in Bisbee and at the Sleepy Dog! Not everyone "gets" Bisbee but your review hit our quirky little town on the head!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sleepy Dog. It was just as great as the first. I stayed here the first 2 days of my vacation. It was a great relaxing way to start my trip. I was greated by the two kitties that like to hang out back. I had a few great nights sleep. I will definately be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bisbee
Copper Queen Hotel
#1 of 22 in Sierra Vista
Landmark Lookout Lodge
Landmark Lookout Lodge
#3 of 9 in Tombstone

Been to The Sleepy Dog Guest House? Share your experiences!