“A MUST”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Bisbee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Unique flavor combinations, vivid colors, opposing textures are featured in original recipes on the entree and starters menu. A carefully chosen wine list and a full bar featuring classic drinks complements the food menu. The vivacious atmosphere in the Art Deco building creates not just a satisfying meal, but a convivial dining experience. Come to celebrate love of good food, a life milestone, or if you are just plain hungry. You will find what is truly one of the great rural restaurants in Arizona. there is live music every Friday and Sunday night. Cafe Roka serves Food to Live For!
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food was amazing & you can't miss...ah, the date appetizer...my mouth is watering just typing this! The wine selection & deserts are not to be missed either!

1  Thank kat c

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have been going to Cafe Roka for close to 20 years...even including the first location. That in itself should tell you something. The chef (Rod) has stayed on top of shifting trends and changes in pallet/taste throughout that time and updates menus accordingly. Like someone else said....we save this Roka for special occasions. It unquestionably is, and is known as, the the best restaurant in Bisbee.

1  Thank Logan S
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I save Cafe Roka for special occasions, not that you have to. I ate here most recently for my 50th birthday and I really enjoyed the food, my companions and the restaurant staff. It was wonderful. We ate, drank and celebrated for hours and the waitress never got that look in her eye that said "would they just leave, please..." In fact, we stayed until closing without even realizing it! I've never had a bad meal here - the menu changes from time to time, so you never know what will be available but I can easily recommend the lasagna, sea bass and lamb to name a few entrees. Every appetizer I have had here is wonderful too! Their hours change depending on season so give them a call before you come to town, make sure that they're open and also to make your reservations!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Although the dinners started with a soup, lentil and black bean, that was ok, the salad was delicious (for a non-salad lover, that's a lot to say) .
I went for the special, a beef dish which I ordered rare ( perfect) and I was pleasantly surprised. Every sauce was tasty and the portion was huge. I was offered a to go box and I took it. I was pleasantly satisfied. My 8 year old grandson enjoyed himself and rated the need as a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale!
I highly recommend this eatery while in Bisbee. Good place to eat!

fmiller100, Manager at Cafe Roka, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Hmmm We don't have a children's menu, that's true, but asking for something for children is always an option. We often make spaghetti or pizza for kids. And we provide booster chairs and high chairs and materials to keep kids occupied. We're glad you liked our restaurant and your grandson was most enthusiastic giving us a 10!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

After a day of touring the mine museum, exploring the mine and walking Bisbee's ghost tour we were delighted with our dinner here. Our reservation for 8:30 was the latest one they would accept and we were the last table in the restaurant. But there was no undercurrent of resentment for keeping them there - it was a Saturday anyway, and we didn't think that was very late...

The waiter was sincere on his likes as far as the menu - which was very straightforward and economical. The Sazerac I ordered came with a small absinthe accompaniment and the gf loved the sauv blanc choice recommended by the server. The dinner option with the salad, soup, and sorbet mid-course was wonderful - the soup was a chickpea that was nice after it had been raining all afternoon and we weren't too full before our entrees came. We needed the room too, because the entrees are very generous portions. Prior to their arrival, the server was happy to deliver 3 different reds to taste which made the experience- I ended up choosing a red blend from local Cochise.

I'd recommend this for anyone who likes New American cuisine and warm, sincere table-side service. The giant mosquito sculpture they have on the wall was the only thing I found questionable, but not enough to change my great memory of dinner there.

1  Thank slamdunkulous

Been to Cafe Roka? Share your experiences!